NEW FRESHMEN and Transfer Students
It’s almost time to arrive for spring 2021! We’re looking forward to welcoming you for the spring semester in January.
This website contains important information about how you need to prepare, so please read carefully and continue to check the site for updates as your arrival day approaches.
SATISFY ALL FINANCIAL AND ENROLLMENT OBLIGATIONS
All new students MUST COMPLETE the following in order to be “cleared” to move in to the residential halls and/or attend classes.
PAYMENT: Satisfy your financial obligations with the Office of Student Accounts as soon as possible. Payment was due December 11. If you have billing questions, please contact the Office of Student Accounts at studentaccounts [at] desu.edu.
HEALTH FORM: Submit your completed health form to the Office of Student Health Services and complete your electronic forms online via the Student Health Portal as soon as possible. The due date was December 15.
TRANSCRIPT(S): Submit your final official transcripts to the Office of Admissions at admissionsdocs [at] desu.edu as soon as possible. The due date was December 15.
For students living on campus, move-in will take place Thursday, January 14. Please refer to the assignment email you received from the Department of Housing and Residential Education for your specific arrival time. Students are asked to bring no more than two guests to campus; guests may help to unload items outside but should not enter the building.
What should I bring? As you prepare for life on campus, here for some tips on what to bring and what not to bring for your residence hall room.
Only commuter/nonresidential students who will have in-person classes must report to campus Thursday, January 14, for check-in between 12-2 p.m. Students who will not be on campus need not report.
Not reporting to campus but need to satisfy your financial obligations? Please make an appointment to do so virtually. (**see instructions in the section below**)
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL ON CAMPUS
7 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL
CONFIRM A NEGATIVE PCR COVID-19 TEST RESULT (not a Rapid Test result)
- 7 days prior to arrival, all residential students and commuter/nonresidential students receiving on-campus academic instruction must confirm a negative PCR COVID-19 test result (not a Rapid Test Result) by sending it to covidtestresults2020 [at] desu.edu. All test results must include your name and the date the test was taken. If you test positive, you will need to isolate at home for 14 days and will need to submit a subsequent negative COVID-19 test prior to moving onto/arriving on campus. NOTE: YOUR COVID-19 TEST SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN MORE THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE YOUR MOVE-IN/ARRIVAL DATE.
WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ARRIVAL
COMPLETE A SELF-ASSESSMENT HEALTH SCREENING
- Within 24 hours prior to your arrival, you must perform a COVID-19 Self-Assessment health screening using the Campus Shield app. Guests entering campus with you must also complete the health screening. The assessment will ask a brief series of questions regarding your health and, upon completion, provide a virtual badge on your phone which you will use to gain entry to the campus. Each virtual badge is only active for 24 hours, so please coordinate your assessment with your arrival time. Students and guests arriving without a completed screening form will not be allowed to enter campus.
- Click here for instructions
- Note: Nonresidential and commuter students must complete the assessment prior to each arrival on campus.
BEFORE ARRIVAL ON CAMPUS
PRE-REGISTER FOR ON-CAMPUS COVID-19 TESTING
- You will be tested for COVID-19 on campus at your arrival. Guests will NOT be COVID tested.
- If you are currently exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in direct contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, DO NOT report to campus for testing. Instead, please contact your primary care physician and email studenthealth2020 [at] desu.edu to report that you are experiencing symptoms/have experienced a direct contact.
- Prior to reporting for testing on your arrival date, you must:
- Pre-register via the following link: https://covid19testing.guardanthealth.com/s/ (DSU Site Code: DSUXG). Click here for registration directions. For technical issues with registration or logging in, please email DL-G19-AppSupport [at] guardanthealth.com.
- When you log in, you will be required to complete two consent forms. Please review the forms. If you have any questions, contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 302.531.5554.
- Click here to review a Fact Sheet.
- Note: While on campus, COVID-19 testing will be required twice per week for students who utilize campus facilities (the schedule will be provided weekly via eNews in your University email account).
**Please note that if you arrive on your move-in date, you have not confirmed a negative COVID-19 test result and your financial and enrollment obligations to the University have not been satisfied, you will not be permitted to move in to the residence halls and/or receive a University ID card.
All students who successfully complete all the required enrollment steps – satisfy financial obligations for the Spring 2021 semester, submit health form and final official transcript, and confirm a negative COVID-19 test result – will be emailed a Hornet Express FastPass prior to their arrival date.
Satisfying all requirements in advance to obtain a FastPass is highly recommended.
**RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS: COVID-19 test results and Student Health Forms MUST be received and processed before move-in day. If you arrive and these steps are not complete, you will not be permitted to proceed with the move-in process.
Students with other outstanding enrollment obligations will be able to obtain a virtual appointment to satisfy those obligations upon arrival. (**See instructions below**)
**Students must print the pass and bring it to campus on arrival day or be prepared to show the FastPass on your mobile device. The FastPass is specific to each student’s account and must not be shared.**
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ARRIVAL DAY
ENTERING CAMPUS AND PROCEEDING FOR COVID-19 TESTING
- Enter campus through Gate 2 (second gate on College Road west of Route 13/North DuPont Highway)
Please note: If you are currently exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, have been in direct contact with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19, or did not confirm a negative COVID-19 test result prior to arrival, please DO NOT report to campus.
- Park in Lot 25 or Lot 16 (the lots where you entered, behind the Bank of America Building)
- Proceed to the on-site walk-up COVID-19 testing at the Bank of America Building. Please wear a cloth face covering. (Pre-registration is required. Please see the instructions in the section above.)
AFTER THE COVID-19 TESTING
IF YOU RECEIVE A HORNET EXPRESS FASTPASS:
- If you receive a Hornet Express FastPass, you will be directed to your residential hall following the COVID-19 testing process.
- Upon arrival to your assigned residential hall, no more than 15 minutes will be allowed for you to unload your vehicle, at which time you will be directed to park in a secondary parking lot.
IF YOU NEED TO SATISFY YOUR ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- If you have an outstanding enrollment requirement to satisfy, you will be directed to a parking area for handling a virtual appointment with an admissions representative (**see instructions in the next section below**)
- Once you have satisfied your requirement(s), you will be issued an electronic blue Clearance Card for move-in and directed to your assigned residential hall. Upon arrival, no more than 15 minutes will be allowed for you to unload your vehicle, at which time you will be directed to park in a secondary parking lot.
Please click on the link corresponding with the first letter of your last name below to make a virtual appointment with an admissions representative to satisfy your enrollment requirements.
SUBMIT YOUR UNIVERSITY ID PHOTO ONLINE
To encourage social distancing and campus safety, incoming new students for spring 2021 are asked to complete an ONLINE University ID photo submission process.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS
- Click here to submit your photo
- Sign in with your University email address
After answering a few questions, you will be asked to provide two pictures:
- A photo of a valid government-issued ID.
- A photo to be used as your Delaware State University ID photo (please see requirements below).
- Your photograph must have a plain passport-type white background (we suggest you take a current picture in front of a white wall or plain white door). If you need to modify your background to all white, please use the following link: https://www.remove.bg/t/change-background.
- Your face must be clearly visible and facing forward, same as a driver license or a state picture – no profile/social media shots, filters, headphones, sunglasses or hats.
- Photo must be in color.
- You must be the only person in the picture.
- Photo CANNOT be taken in a car or crowded room or have background objects – no trees, door frames or window blinds, etc.
- No graduation caps, gowns, uniforms or costumes are allowed.
- Nothing can be touching the face – no hands, trees, graphics, etc.
**If you do not have a government ID or a state ID, please upload your school ID with all your information.**
The Delaware State University family looks forward to WELCOMING YOU!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Admissions (newstudentinfo [at] desu.edu) or Office of Student Accounts (studentaccounts [at] desu.edu).
See you soon!
Mr. Antonio Boyle
Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management