How does Experiential Learning work for me?
Experiential Learning provides our Undergraduate Students work experience during their academic career at Delaware State University. The Office of Undergraduate Research, Experiential Learning and Honors (URELAH) under the Office of Student Services, will play an essential role in the preparation of students for graduate school or direct entry into the workforce by assisting students in identifying real-world work experiences, that allow the transfer of academic theory into action. Experiential or work-based learning can help students solidify their career plans, build their professional network with potential employers, develop job skills related to their selected major. The knowledge gained will guide the institution in implementing theory and practice learning that will support students’ academic and professional development while assisting them in the development of their post-graduation plan.
Internships allow students real world job experience that is useful before entering the workforce. In addition to experience, internships allow students to grow their network.
- Begin your internship search on Handshake: http://desu.joinhandshake.com/
- Legislative Fellows Program 2022
- Brown Alpert Medical School Virtual Open House June 2021
- DisneyWorld College Program
- Fulbright Scholar Program July 2021 Information Session
- Absolute Internship: Virtual Information Session on Oct 13 2021
- The 2022 Corcoran Center Case Competition
- Exploratory Opportunities:
Study Abroad; Job Shadowing
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company: Webinar for pursuing PhD STEM field
- DSU P.R.O.Mentoring Program:
The DSU P.R.O. (Professional Readiness Opportunity) mentoring program will offer Delaware State University students an opportunity to be mentored by a workforce professional. Students will be paired with an industry professional in their field of study to provide an enriching college experience.
*If interested, please email the Office of URELAH at urelah [at] desu.edu (subject: DSU%20PRO%20Mentoring)