4-year, full tuition Inspire Scholarship
Delaware State University offers a 4-year, full tuition Inspire Scholarship available to qualifying Delaware high school graduates who enroll at Delaware State University in the fall semester right after high school graduation.
How to Get the Inspire Scholarship
- Graduate from a Delaware high school - You must receive a diploma from an in-state school.
- Enroll at Delaware State University - You must be regularly admitted and enroll full time in the fall semester right after high school graduation. Apply to Delaware State University at desu.edu/apply-now and complete your application by mailing your official high school transcript and ACT or SAT test scores.
- Keep Your Grades Up - To apply, you must have a cumulative overall GPA of at least 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale, as indicated on your official high school transcript.
- File for Student Aid - Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). (Delaware State University’s school code is 001428.) The Office of Financial Aid will notify you of your Inspire Scholarship eligibility.
- Demonstrate Good Conduct - You cannot have any felony convictions or charges pending against you when you apply or after you are admitted to Delaware State University.
- Once a Hornet, you must do the following:
- Stay enrolled as a full-time student and complete 12 or more credit hours (15 recommended) during both the fall and spring semesters – a total of at least 24 (30 recommended) for the school year.
- Maintain at least a cumulative overall 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Continue to demonstrate good conduct.
- Complete 10 hours of community service every semester.
- Complete the FAFSA online yearly. The Inspire Scholarship can be renewed every semester for eight consecutive fall and spring semesters. It is not applicable to summer sessions.