Listed below are some of the forms and applications used by Delaware State University Office of Financial Aid. Please check that you are selecting forms for the appropriate summer or academic year period.

Most documents are PDF files. Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Download a free version of Adobe Reader if you do not have it installed on your computer.

Applying for Financial Aid

File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)–This form must be completed by U.S. students who are applying for financial aid offered by the Office of Student Financial Aid.

Summer Academy–The summer application is available and must be completed by students applying for financial aid for the summer session. Students must be registered for their summer classes before completing this form.

Special Circumstances

If you feel you have unusual or special circumstances or if additional expenses are incurred that could affect your or your family’s ability to contribute to your college education, view our Special Condition web page.


Master Promissory Note for Federal Loans–Complete this promissory note after you have been offered a Federal Direct Loan. This is not an application for a loan.

Request/Application for PLUS (Parent) Loan–Parents of dependent students must electronically complete this request/application, on the website, each semester/session (fall, winter, spring, and/or summer) they want to accept the PLUS loan that was offered on their student’s financial aid offer.

When on the website, click on “Parent Borrowers” then “Apply for a PLUS Loan.” If you want to apply for a loan for the academic year, you must submit two requests/applications (one for the fall semester and one for the spring semester).

Until this request/application form is processed, the Office of Financial Aid will not proceed with the parent loan even if there is a valid MPN on file.

If a parent completes the PLUS request on the website, they should not complete a paper form (below).

If a parent is not able to complete the electronic request, they may complete a paper form (below).  Be sure to complete the form for the correct loan period.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal -This form is completed and uploaded through campus logic or by email and allows students to explain circumstances that prevented them from meeting SAP requirements.


The Consortium Agreement Form will be under Forms and Publications -This form is for students who will be taking courses simultaneously at the UI and another domestic institution and want to combine those hours to fulfill the registration hour requirement for financial aid disbursement.

Non-Degree Student Form –This form is for UI non-degree students who are required to take pre-requisite courses to be considered for admission into a degree program.

Release of Information –This form is for students to provide authorization for the UI Office of Student Financial Aid to speak or correspond with another person/agency about their financial aid.

Employers of Off-Campus Work-Study Students

Student Employment Info/ Forms - Use this form to start the hiring process for a work-study employee, to increase the hourly rate of pay for a student employee, and to terminate the employment of a student employee.