The Mission of Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is to provide leadership and integration of functions in order to support the University’s mission of producing leaders who contribute to the sustainability and economic development of the global community. In an effort to foster student success, the OIE implements procedures that facilitate and coordinate the documentation of institutional performance, quality, and efficiency. With a coordinated oversight of the offices of Institutional Research, Planning, and Analytics (IRPA), the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), and the Assessment Office, the OIE supports data-driven strategic planning through a comprehensive system for assessing institutional effectiveness in academic programs, administrative units, and service areas while promoting faculty/staff professional development.
- Implement a process to maintain University Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accreditation.
- Support accreditation needs of other DSU units.
- Coordinate assessment across all institutional units (academic units, administrative units, and service areas) to include: outcomes assessment, program reviews (including general education), and closure of the assessment loop.
- Expand professional development opportunities for faculty and staff, especially regarding best teaching practices and the assessment of student learning.
- Strengthen the internal and external reporting process.
- Expand our predictive modeling and data analytics practices to support institutionwide, data-driven decision-making.
- Ensure the accuracy of university statistics.