The Mission of Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) is to provide leadership and integration of functions in order to support the University’s mission of producing leaders who contribute to the sustainability and economic development of the global community. In an effort to foster student success the OIE implements procedures that measure and document institutional performance, quality and efficiency. With a coordinated oversight of the offices of Institutional Research, Planning and Analytics (IRPA) and the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) and the Assessment Office, the OIE supports data-driven strategic planning through a comprehensive system for assessing institutional effectiveness in academic programs, administrative units and service areas and promoting the professional development of faculty and staff.
- Maintain University MSCHE accreditation.
- Support accreditation needs of other DSU units.
- Coordinate strategic planning across all institutional units (academic units, administrative units and service areas) to include outcomes assessment, program reviews (including general education) and closing the assessment loop.
- Expand professional development opportunities for faculty and staff especially regarding best teaching practices and the assessment of student learning.
- Strengthen the internal and external reporting process.
- Expand our predictive modeling and data analytics practices to support institution wide, data driven decision making.
- Ensuring the accuracy of university statistics.