Many career assessments tools exist for individuals to match their personalities to career options. The Office of Career Services encourages students to identify their passions and pursue careers according to increases the odds of fulfillment and ultimate success. Below are 3 assessments which might help you explore and clarify career options. Once you complete any of the assessments, you may contact our office at careerplanning [at] desu.edu to schedule an appointment with a counselor to discuss your results.
- Discover your path by taking assessments that will help you think about what is important to you.
- Explore the different career paths that make the most sense for your unique interests and values.
- Prepare for future jobs by learning what strengths you bring to the table and the type of environment you need to succeed.
- See the different steps you can take on your journey toward building a life full of joy, meaning, and purpose.
- Connect with relevant jobs on Handshake and Indeed
- Show various career matches for majors provided at DSU
- Offers education path for Military/Veterans through Military Walk section
Start Your Journey
- Use the link below to create your account and get started:
- Complete your 4 assessments (Values, Interests, Personality, and Workplace Preferences) in 15 to 25 minutes.
- Review your personalized assessments reports.
- Use the Career Matches feature to see what education and career paths are a great fit just for you!
- Click on Set Up Appointment to schedule a time to talk with a counselor.
StrengthsQuest gives students and educators the opportunity to develop strengths by building on their greatest talents – the way in which they most naturally think, feel, and behave as unique individuals. Grounded in Positive Psychology and the Clifton StrengthsFinder, StrengthsQuest has helped and university students achieve academic, career, and personal success. Discover and Develop Your Strengths in Academics, Career, and Beyond by Completing a StrengthsQuest Assessment
Codes to access the assessment online are available by contacting the Office of Career Services at careerplanning [at] desu.edu or by calling 302.857.6120. You must provide your DSU ID# to receive an assessment code. Once you receive the access code, visit https://www.strengthsquest.com/register/default.aspx to enter code and begin the assessment.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Knowing your personality type, as measured through the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument, can help you with career planning at every stage: from your choices of subjects and majors in school to choosing your first career, to advancing in your organization or changing careers later in life.
People often find difficulty defining what kind of work they want to do or why a given field makes them comfortable or uncomfortable. Personality type is a practical tool for investigating what works for you, then looking for and recognizing work that satisfies your preferences. Myers Briggs uses 16 personality types developed by Dr. Carl Jung.
Complete a free version of the Myers-Briggs.