Home > Student Life > Safe Space Coalition > Sexual Assault: Get Support

Sexual Assault: Get Support

Get to a Safe Place

  • Home
  • Friend’s room
  • Local hospital
  • Police station

Call for Assistance

  • Call 911 for immediate police protection and assistance or Campus Police at 302.857.7911.

Seek Medical Attention

  • To check for injuries; you may have injuries that you can’t see or feel.
  • To prevent sexually transmitted infections and obtain prophylaxis medication
  • To prevent pregnancy
  •  To collect evidence
    • Evidence collection does not require you to place a report with the police; this process preserves evidence for the future, and it may vary by state.

Preserve Evidence

If possible, avoid:

  •  Drinking
  •  Eating
  •  Showering
  •  Brushing your teeth
  •  Combing your hair
  •  Changing or washing your clothes

If you have done any of these things, evidence can still be collected and remains important in seeking medical attention. If you have changed your clothes, take the clothes you were wearing at the time of the assault to the hospital in a paper bag (not a plastic bag). If you have not changed your clothes, it may be a good idea to bring a change of clothes to the hospital.

You don’t have to go through this alone


You don’t have to go through this alone. If you want someone to support you through this process, a Sexual Assault Response Advocate can be with you in the hospital and accompany you to your meeting with the Title IX Coordinator.

Sexual Assault Response Center (SARC)

Contact Lifeline


Counseling is often helpful for survivors because it provides a safe place to talk about your experience and your feelings.

Counseling Center

Delaware State University Student Crisis Hotline

Behavioral Health Talk Therapy (Virtual Visits)
To book your first Behavioral Health Talk Therapy visit, please visit the designated website and click “Schedule Behavioral Health Visit”:  

Title IX Process

Title IX Formal Complaint Form

If you want the University to investigate a sexual misconduct (sexual assault) incident, then the Formal Complaint Form is required to initiate the resolution process (investigation and hearing or informal resolution). When this form has been completed and signed by you, your complaint has been properly received and noted by the University.