Explore what you need to get started on your journey toward a DSU degree! If you are starting your journey as a traditional undergraduate student in your first year, below you will find what you need to know about the University’s admissions requirements and application process. If you have questions, contact your Admissions Counselor. They are ready to help you!
- Review DSU admissions requirements.
- Create an account to get started on your online application and pay the $35 application fee.
- Forward your SAT or ACT test scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Mail your official high school transcript to the Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
1200 North DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
302.857.6351 | 800.845.2544 | 302.857.6352 (fax)
admissions [at] desu.edu
We recommend that you follow a college preparatory curriculum in high school. Admission may be granted to applicants who have:
- A certificate or diploma from an accredited four-year school or senior high school.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Test scores of 800 on the SAT (math and critical reading combined), test scores of 800 or above (after concordance) on the 2016 redesigned SAT (math and critical reading combined), or a 17 or better composite score on the ACT.
- Completed the required 19 minimum course units with a “C” or better.
|Writing, Literature and Oral Communication|
|Courses must include Algebra I & II and Geometry or the equivalent (recommend a fourth higher math course)|
|One World History and one other History|
|Civics, American Government, Economics, Geography or Psychology (two units recommended)|
|Courses with a laboratory. Must include one or more of the following: Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics|
|Recommend within the same language. If within the same language, there must be course progression|
|May include any additional class from subject areas listed above or Art, Theatre/Drama, Music and/or Computer Science|
Non-Graduates of High School
Delaware State University will consider your application for admission if you have satisfied high school graduation requirements under the General Education Development (GED) test, once you have completed 12 semester hours of transferable college coursework and met the University’s transfer admission requirements. You must submit a notarized copy of your GED certificate with your application and fee to be considered for admission.
The Delaware State University Honors Program provides learning opportunities to motivated and committed students who have excelled in high school and want to challenge themselves academically in college. To be considered for admission to the Honors Program, students must submit an application for admission to the University and an Honors Program application.