Home > Student Life > Housing & Dining > Residential Halls > Medgar W. Evers Hall

Medgar W. Evers Hall

Medgar W. Evers Hall

Evers Hall houses 243 first-year coed students. Medgar W. Evers opened the first National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on January 23, 1955. His work encouraged and helped Negroes to vote. For his efforts, he was assassinated in 1963. Evers Hall was erected in 1968, and has a kitchen, main lounge, laundry room, recreation area, barber shop, reading room, second and third floor study lounges and a vending area. Television, computer and telephone lines are available in each room. 

Resident Hall Facts

Residents Freshman
Building Style Traditional
Residence Floors 3
Building Capacity 244
Approx # Sharing Bath 27
Stay During Breaks No
Carpeted Rooms No
Laundry Yes
Study Lounge Yes
Air Conditioning Yes
Handicap Accessible Yes