Or missions is to provide excellent customer service, continuous process improvement, and ensure all payments/reimbursements are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with established University policies and procedures.
Delaware State University accepts payments from others in the form of cash, check, credit card, or electronic transfer, with the exception of American Express.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement
The Accounts Payable department processes non-payroll reimbursements to University employees, students, and suppliers for business-related travel expenses. Our primary goal is to provide excellent customer service by: 1) providing clear guidelines regarding allowable travel expenses and 2) processing timely and accurate travel reimbursements that are in compliance with established University policies and procedures.
- M&T CentreSuite Cardholder User Guide
- M&T CentreSuite Approver User Guide
- Policies and Procedures
- Travel/Purchase Card Request
- Travel/Purchase Card Increase
- Travel Cash Advance Request
- Non-Employee Request Form (Students & Others)
- Pcard and Travel Training Presentation
- Student Payment Form for Stipends and Fellowships
Payments are made to vendors after verification of purchase orders, signed invoices and obtaining a receiving notice from Delaware State University Central Receiving.
To assist Accounts Payable in the timely and accurate processing of transactions, please be advised of the following:
- Purchase Orders should initiate the purchasing-to-payment process. They must have a sufficient open encumbrance balance to cover any outstanding invoices.
- All vendor invoices (not quotes) are to be sent directly to invoices [at] desu.edu from the vendor. The PO number should be referenced on the invoice for accurate and timely processing.
- All inquiries or questions are be sent to accountspayable [at] desu.edu. Please do not forward inquiries directly to Accounts Payable staff.
- Standard payment terms are net 30 for all vendors, unless alternate terms are negotiated and approved by the Executive Director of Purchasing and Policy Compliance.
- Do not submit multiple copies of the same invoice.
- All vendor payments will have standard delivery of US Mail, unless given approval for pickup. Checks will only be released to the person who initiated the PO or the person authorized by a letter on the vendor’s letterhead.
Vendor Invoices Received in Your Department
Invoices received from your vendor/supplier should be emailed to invoices [at] desu.edu. This initiates the automated process in ImageNow/WebNow and allows the workflow of the invoices to be tracked from the receipt of the invoice to payment processing. Do not use this email address to make inquiries or request special processing. Any special instructions can be denoted on the invoice in ImageNow/WebNow. The PO number may also be denoted on the invoice in ImageNow or in the comments area in ImageNow/WebNow. Please use accountspayable [at] desu.edu for all other communications.
If the invoice is associated with a PO; write that PO number on the invoice and route to AP as noted above.
Managing invoices in WebNow
Invoices received are routed to the appropriate approver (department) via WebNow and remain in the department’s queue for review/action. If the invoice or credit memo is valid, write “Ok to Pay”, the approvers name and the date. Selecting the option “Route Forward” moves the documents through the workflow process to Accounts Payable for processing in Banner.
To prevent delays in processing:
- Departments are encouraged to check their WebNow queue every 1-2 business days as Accounts Payable is constantly forwarding documents campus-wide for approval.
- Should you receive an invoice that is not for your department, please leave a comment in WebNow so that the invoice can be forwarded to the appropriate approver.
- Please make sure a valid PO number is referenced on the invoice. There will be delays in processing invoices without approved POs.
- Submit vendor invoices – invoices [at] desu.edu
- Inquire about status of payment – accountspayable [at] desu.edu
- Questions about your travel card – travelcard [at] desu.edu
- Questions your purchase card – pcards [at] desu.edu
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to provide each of our stakeholders the highest level of customer service!
An expense that is suitable or fitting for a particular valid business purpose.
A necessary, reasonable, and appropriate expense incurred for the primary benefit of University business and therefore permitted to be reimbursed or directly charged based on the permission of the University or by the terms of federally or privately sponsored agreements.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Fundamental principles of accounting that are used as guidance in the preparation of the University financial statements
Minimum purchase or service required to achieve a particular business objective.
Written or typed information that is required on the receipt, expense reimbursement form, or other document.
The original merchant receipt or invoice issued by the supplier or service provider to document and substantiates the business transaction. When the original receipt is not available or does not contain adequate information, a cancelled check, credit card receipt, supplier statement, or a paid notice will be accepted
An expense that is ordinary and reflects a prudent decision to incur the expense on behalf of University business. Not extreme or excessive.
Written documentation to support an incurred business expense that includes the original receipt, documentation of business purpose, names of persons in attendance, and appropriate expense report or voucher for the incurred cost.