Office of the President
Welcome to Delaware State University, an institution of which I am proud to be a part. I am committed to working with the tremendous students, staff and faculty of our University as we move DSU forward into the top tier of Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Delaware State University is a family and as such we will have a shared governance. Our administrative team will operate in a democratic manner to make decisions that will fortify our university. We will come together with our community energized by our strengths, positive endeavors and strong constituent support and we will embark upon transformational change.
As the 10th President of Delaware State University, I recognize the value that we bring to the state of Delaware and to our students. It is a privilege to serve this institution and to ensure that it continues to honor its historical legacy. Please utilize our website fully to explore the plethora of exciting opportunities to make your mark on the world as a part of the DSU family!
In Proud Service,
Dr. Harry L. Williams
Board of Trustees
The business and affairs of the University are governed by the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees has all the powers accorded it by Title 14, Chapter 65 of the Delaware Code. The Board consists of 15 members whose appointment or election is provided for in the Delaware Code, and the governor of the state and the president of the University, both of whom shall be members of the Board, ex officio, with the right to vote.
Presidential Staff & Faculty Forums
President Williams requests the attendance of all professional and classified staff at monthly forums in order to effectively communicate with the campus. Faculty are welcome to attend. Please review eNews for times and locations.
- President Staff Forum - every 2nd Tuesday of the month beginning in September and ending in May
- President Faculty Forum - every 4th Thursday of the month beginning in September and ending in May
Dr. Harry L. Williams became the 10th president in the 124-year history of Delaware State University on Jan. 10, 2010 after serving 18 months as the institution’s provost and vice president of Academic Affairs.
Presidential Tenure Highlights
Since its founding in 1891 as the State College for Colored Students, DSU has benefited from the leadership of 10 presidents, including Dr. Jerome Holland, who navigated the institution through instability in the 1950s with the promise of future prosperity, and it continues today with President Harry L. Williams
President’s Administrative Council
- Dr. Teresa Hardee, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- Dr. Saundra DeLauder, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Research
- Dr. Stacy Downing, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. Vita Pickrum, Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Ms. Irene Chapman-Hawkins, Vice President for Human Resources
- Dr. Bradley Skelcher, Associate Provost
- David Sheppard, Esq., General Counsel
- Mr. Louis B. “Skip” Perkins Jr., Associate Vice President & Athletics Director