Office of the President
Board of Trustees
The business and affairs of the University are governed by the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees has all the powers accorded it by Title 14, Chapter 65 of the Delaware Code. The Board consists of 15 members whose appointment or election is provided for in the Delaware Code, and the governor of the state and the president of the University, both of whom shall be members of the Board, ex officio, with the right to vote.
Presidential Staff & Faculty Forums
The President requests the attendance of all professional and classified staff at monthly forums in order to effectively communicate with the campus. Faculty are welcome to attend. Please review eNews for times and locations.
- President Staff Forum - every 2nd Tuesday of the month beginning in September and ending in May
- President Faculty Forum - every 4th Thursday of the month beginning in September and ending in May
Presidential Tenure Highlights
Since its founding in 1891 as the State College for Colored Students, DSU has benefited from the leadership of 11 presidents, including Dr. Jerome Holland, who navigated the institution through instability in the 1950s with the promise of future prosperity.
President’s Administrative Council
- Dr. Wilma Mishoe, President
- Dr. Tony Allen, Provost and Executive Vice President
- Dr. Saundra DeLauder, Vice Provost
- Dr. Stacy Downing, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. D. Scott Gines, Director of Athletics
- Dr. Vita Pickrum, Vice President for Institutional Advancement
- Mr. Antonio Boyle, Vice President for Strategic Enrollment
- Ms. Irene Chapman-Hawkins, Vice President for Human Resources
- Mr. Tom Preston, General Counsel
- Mr. Robert Schrof, Vice President for Finance