Tutor And SI Schedules
Our focus is to provide a wide range of tutorial support and academic workshops to ALL DSU students. To meet the needs of our students, IASS offers in-person and virtual sessions on Monday – Friday and Saturday/Sunday.
Students who attend tutorial and SI sessions can expect:
- To be greeted warmly and treated respectfully.
- To experience a comfortable and professional environment that promotes active learning to include asking and answering questions.
- To learn from peers about course concepts as well as effective study skill and test-taking strategies
Students who attend tutorial sessions should:
- Arrive at tutorial appointments on time.
- Come prepared: bring a textbook, notebook, class notes, writing assignment, handouts, and laptop/iPad.
- Come prepared: make a true attempt at assignments - read course material, outline topics, and highlight specific questions.
- Have a positive attitude - learn what to learn while learning how to learn
|Tutor.com - free online service for all students:
|Please contact the IASS Team at IASS [at] desu.edu for further assistance
|Supplemental Instruction (SI)
The Next Step
- Stop by our Centers on the Main Campus (WC Jason Library, 2nd floor) and DSU Downtown (Budd Hall, Lower Level)
- Schedule an appointment by clicking on the “Schedule An Appointment with a Tutor” link.