The Intramural Sports Program provides a wide variety of quality recreational programs in a safe and secure environment designed to enhance the social, mental, and physical well-being of the entire university community. The IM Sports Program performs a vital role in the recruitment, retention, and education of students and personnel.
Are you looking for some friendly, on-campus competition? Then you’ve come to the right place. DSU Intramurals provides opportunities to participate in over 20+ recreational activities either as a team or an individual. These sports provide a great mix of competition, exercise, recreation and fun in a relaxed yet structured environment. With over 20% of Delaware State University students participating in our programs, this is the perfect way to enhance your college experience.
INTRAMURAL SPORTS SCHEDULE
All intramural participants will be required to create an account on IMLeagues.com.
To create an IMLeagues account:
- Go to www.imleagues.com/DESU/Registration OR Go to www.imleagues.com and click Create Account OR Go to www.imleagues.com and click “Log in with Facebook” if you have a facebook account with your school email attached - this will automatically create an account, fill in your info, and join you to the school (steps 2-4)
- Enter your information, and use your School email (@sutdents.desu.edu) and submit.
- You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
- You should be automatically joined to your school – If not you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link
How to sign up for an intramural sport:
- Log in to your IMLeagues.com account.
- Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your User Homepage page OR Click on the “Delaware State University” link to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed, click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose the league you wish to play in (Men’s, Women’s, Co-Rec, etc.)
- Choose the division you’d like to play in (Monday 5PM, Tuesday 5PM, etc.)
- You can join the sport one of three ways:
- Create a team (For team captains) - Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the “Invite Members” link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team. If they’ve already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name, and invite them. If they haven’t yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the “Invite by Email Address” box, and input their email address.
- Join a team - Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page. Accepting a request from the captain to join his team. Finding the team and captain name on division/league page and requesting to join. Going to the captain’s playercard page, viewing his team, and requesting to join.
- Join as a Free Agent - You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you’d like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
The Spirit of Competition
Sport activities find their origin in the basic human need for the spirit of play. Winning and losing are mere outcomes of this play spirit. What is part of the game is the pure satisfaction of participation (fun, fitness, friendship, stress release, etc.) Without your opponent, you have no game, no contest, and no fun. You are as indebted to them, as they are to you. The spirit of play, then, is based on cooperation. Upholding high standards of integrity and fair play acknowledges this idea of cooperative competition. All players are encouraged to exercise good judgment in the caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. At DSU, an intentional violation of the rules is considered cheating and an offense against the spirit of competition. Abusive language toward officials, other participants, and manipulation of the rules are not “part of the game.”
A lifetime interest in sports is a goal of all players, which has more meaning than that of a win or a loss — the memory of which often fades quickly. All players are asked to participate within the context of this spirit of play and competition.