We Are Committed to Serve & Protect
The primary responsibility of the Delaware State University Police Department is to provide a safe environment for our students, faculty, staff and all who work and visit our University; and we solicit your support and active participation in our safety and security efforts. Police Department personnel work closely with federal, state and local enforcement agencies to gather intelligence and resources utilized in proactive policing at Delaware State University. Equally important is the relationship with our community partners who provide diverse resources which aid in the overall mission of the University Safety.
The continuing safety initiatives of the Delaware State University Police Department include:
- A progressive, highly visible patrol force
- A mass notification system
- An expansive Emergency Blue Light System
- A proactive Crime Prevention program, designed to educate and inform all university personnel on the “best practices” to take to avoid becoming a victim
- And a vibrant partnership with various student groups, our staff, and faculty, as well as with Dover Police, Delaware State Police, and our other law enforcement partners