DSU Parent University
Delaware State University is launching a Parent University Program (ParentU) in September 2021. ParentU is a unique year-long communication plan designed by a team of researchers at DSU to engage and inform parents.
If you are the parent (or guardian) of new freshmen in the following majors, DSU is inviting you to participate in the Parent University Program:
- Agri-science Education
- Animal & Poultry Science
- Plant Science: Agronomy
- Plant Science: Horticulture
- Pre-Veterinary Science
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, BS
- Health Professions
- General Biology
- Chemistry/Pre-professional major
CHEMISTRY/ UMES PHARMD 3+3 (B.S./PHARM.D) DUAL DEGREE
ENGINEERING PHYSICS, BS
- Optical engineering
FOOD AND NUTRITIONAL SCIENCES, BS
FORENSIC BIOLOGY, BS
NATURAL RESOURCES, BS
- Environmental Science
PUBLIC HEALTH, BS
SOCIAL WORK, BSW
ParentU is free and participation has many benefits, including:
- Giving you VIP access to university representatives in key student service areas;
- Having the opportunity to strengthen your understanding of your child’s college life;
- Receiving monetary compensation in the form of virtual gift cards after submitting responses to program surveys;
- Receiving a certificate of completion from Parent University at the end of the program.
- And more!
To join the program, participating parents (or guardians) will be asked to:
- Engage with University representatives in a virtual space designed for forums, as well as receive emails and texts and respond when requested.
- Complete online surveys related to various activities and family relationships.
- Commit to participating in the project for one (1) academic school year; the freshman year of their child’s attendance at DSU.
Please select the registration link below if you would like to participate in this project.
The Parent University Program is funded by the National Institutes of Health (Grant#: 1U01GM138430-01). Feel free to contact Dr. L. Germaine Cheatham-Hemphill at lcheatham [at] desu.edu or (302) 535.7601 to ask any questions you might have about this project.