Federal student aid is financial assistance provided through the U.S. Department of Education. To apply for federal financial aid, file Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1. The filing deadline for priority consideration is December 1. The following are federal financial aid programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
  • Federal Work-Study
  • Federal Direct Stafford Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Loans
  • Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate/Professional Student) Loans

For a detailed explanation of the federal programs offered by the U.S. Department of Education, visit their website at


Financial assistance for students with disabilities is administered through state vocational rehabilitation offices. Contact any district office for information. Information is also available from Delaware State University’s Center for Disability Resources.

Dependents of veterans who are deceased or significantly disabled as a result of military service may qualify for educational aid including Veteran/Military Affairs. Delaware residents can obtain information from the Veteran Affairs link. Residents of other states can contact the Veteran Affairs.