Location & Directions
DSU Campus From Above
Driving Directions to DSU
DSU is located in Dover, Delaware - just a few hours away from Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, New Jersey and New York City.
Take I-95 south through Wilmington. South of Wilmington, take Exit 4A (Route 1) to Dover. Follow Route 1 all the way to Dover then take Exit 104. After taking the 104 exit, turn left at the light onto Route 13. The campus entrance is on your right at the sixth light.
From New Jersey
After crossing Delaware Memorial Bridge, do not exit I-295 onto Route 13 unless you wish to navigate many traffic signals. Stay on I-295 south until it ends at I-95. Then the directions are the same as for Pennsylvania.
From Baltimore and northern Maryland: Take I-95 north to Exit 4A (Route 1) to Dover. Then the directions are the same as for Pennsylvania.
From points south
Take Route 13 or Route 113 north (whichever is more convenient) to Dover. Stay on Route 13 through Dover until you see the campus directly across the street from Dover Downs Raceway. If you take Route 1 around Dover from Route 113 (or from Route 13 using the Puncheon Run connector at the Hertrich Nissan dealership), you must pay $1 toll. Take the next exit after the toll booth, Exit 104. Don’t forget to stop and get a 50-cents-off-your-next-toll ticket! Make a left at the light on Route 13. The entrance to DSU is at the sixth light.
From Washington DC and points west
There are several ways to get to Dover from MD 301. The most common is to take MD 302 (Barclay Rd.) from MD 301. Go straight through Barclay then take the right in Templeville at the Dover sign heading toward Marydel. At the state line in Marydel, the road changes to Route 8. Follow Route 8 until you get to Dover, and then take a left at the second light (by McDonalds and Citizens Bank) onto Kenton Road. Then take a right at the second light onto College Road (just after the fire station). Go straight through the next light and you will see the campus on your left shortly after crossing the tracks. You may use the back entrance (if the gate is open) or you may continue on around College Road to the light on Route 13. Take a left at the light and the front entrance to the campus is at the second light on the left.
DSU is centrally located between two major airports:
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
Bus and Train Service
Several bus and train transportation services are available in Delaware. Contact them to check their schedules.
- Amtrak – The Wilmington, DE Amtrak station is approximately an hour away from the DSU campus. Connections to the Greyhound Bus and the Delaware Commuter bus line (DART) can be made here.
- DART – DART, Delaware’s commuter bus system, provides inter-city and inter-county service. Service also includes transportation directly from the DSU campus to the Wilmington, DE Amtrak station.
- Greyhound – Greyhound provides direct bus service to Dover. The Greyhound station is conveniently located across the street from the Amtrak/Septa rail station in Wilmington, DE.
- Septa R2 –Located in Wilmington, DE and in the same train station as Amtrak, the Septa R2 commuter rail line is about an hour from the DSU campus.