Office of International Affairs
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) at DSU helps create mutually beneficial international partnerships with higher education institutions as well as with public and private sector agencies and organizations. These partnerships encompass programs for international students and for students interested in studying abroad. The OIA works to make DSU a destination for international students while simultaneously finding destinations abroad for current students and brings a global perspective into the teaching, research and study abroad programs of the institution.
The OIA, along with the Exchange Visitor’s Program, assists the academic deans’ departmental goals of strengthening globally significant teaching and research capability. DSU invited J-1 Visa research professors, postdoctoral fellows, research scholars, student non-degree and short-term scholars from 12 countries from our partnering institutions. The OIA partly coordinates Fulbright Programs and other international activities that add to DSU’s research and intellectual foundation.
Under the Office of International Affairs, the Office of International Student Services (OISS) provides assistance to all international students with nonimmigrant status (F-1 Visa). The University enrolls international students on F-1 Visas from more than 30 countries each academic year. The OISS is committed to ensuring that international students have a rewarding experience as they pursue their academic and cultural goals at DSU.
The OIA/OISS offers the following services to international students/scholars:
- Financial, academic, social and personal matters
- Advising on immigration rules, regulations and responsibilities
- Campus and community activities
- Cultural concerns
- Preparation and processing of immigration documents
- An orientation for new international students and scholars
- Coordinate and assist faculty, staff and student organizations to plan and organize international experiences such as International Education Week and Round Table Discussions
- Information on medical insurance for exchange and international students as well as study abroad participants
Visit our resources and forms page for the forms and guides you will need as an international or study abroad student.
Expand your horizons and immerse yourself in diverse cultures by participating in one of our Study Abroad Programs. Studying abroad allows you to experience unique cultures, expand your world knowledge and boost your self-confidence and independence. Studying abroad is one of many ways to get the most out of your time at DSU. Learn more about our current and past programs; you will likely find one that peaks your interest and discover the possibilities of studying abroad are real.
- Request info on International or Study Abroad Programs
- Discover more about past study abroad experiences.
Study Abroad Opportunities
- Japan - June and July 2018
- Costa Rica - May 2018
- Thailand - Spring Break 2018
- England - Spring 2018 - see link for information about applying and what the scholarship entails. The Deadline to apply is December 4, 2017!
- China - Spring and Summer 2018