WELCOME TO DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY!
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is always excited to meet our new faculty, adjuncts, and teaching assistants. We host an annual New Faculty Orientation every August to welcome our new faculty and to provide information that will be helpful to you during your journey here at Delaware State University. We are committed to your success as a DSU professor and the success of our students.
CTL has an open-door policy, and we encourage you to stop by if you have any questions or concerns. We are located in Conwell Hall, 2nd floor, or feel free to email Dr. Amber Ward at award [at] desu.edu.
Please feel free to download and share some of these resources specific to New Faculty. Other CTL resources can be found on the CTL Services & Resources page.
- Helping New Faculty Thrive
- Philosophy of Teaching Statements
- Teaching Mistakes from the College Classroom
- 11 Strategies for Getting Students to Read What’s Assigned
- 5 Things to Do on the First Day of Class
- 10 Effective Classroom Management Techniques Every Faculty Members Should Know
- Building Student Engagement
- Tips for Encouraging Student Participation in Classroom Discussions