Congratulations Class of 2018!
Countdown to Commencement
2018-12-15T10:00:00 up %days% days, %hours% hours, %mins% minutes
After many years of hard work, it is time for graduation! As we plan for your graduation, we will post information here.
DSU 2018 Commencement Committee
The Honorable Christopher Coons, U.S. Senator
Wellness and Recreation Center, Indoor Basketball Courts
Saturday December 15, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
PARKING FOR STUDENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS
There will be plenty of parking on campus available on Saturday, May 12, 2018. Prospective graduates as well as their family and friends can park in any parking lot with the exception of reserved spaces and fire lanes. However, a section of Parking Lot 1 (near the main gate) will be designated for VIP and handicapped Commencement parking. Please do not park at area businesses during Commencement. Your vehicle will be subject to ticketing and/or towing. Fines and fees will apply.
Handicapped spaces will continue to be reserved for only handicapped designated cars. Handicapped parking and the wheelchair drop-off points for Commencement parking will be located in Parking Lot 1 and campus-wide.
Special needs and handicapped seating will also be designated in Alumni Stadium. Only one guest is permitted to accompany each special needs or handicapped seat.
Parking on the grass anywhere on campus is prohibited. See campus map.
Tickets are not required for the stadium. An overflow room for the viewing of Commencement will be set up in the 2nd floor parlors of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Center. Printed programs will also be available in the parlors. Additional sites for viewing Commencement will be available in the Theater, Education & Humanities Building.
SPECIAL COMMENCEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Instructions for the Platform Party, all DSU Staff and all Graduates:
- High-heeled shoes will NOT be allowed in Memorial Hall Gymnasium (wedge heels or flats ONLY). All footwear will be checked at the entrance of the Stadium. Any individual in violation of appropriate footwear will be given disposable flip-flops to wear.
- Absolutely no texting, cellular phone usage or wireless device usage will be allowed in Memorial Hall Gymnasium during the Commencement ceremony.
- Absolutely no disruption of any kind will be allowed in Memorial Hall Gymnasium during the Commencement ceremony. Any individual causing a disruption will be escorted from Memorial Hall Gymnasium by a police officer.
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Laser pointers
- Mace/Pepper spray
- No cutting instruments
- Selfie sticks
- Toy Guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Any other item determined to be a potential hazard (oversized belt buckles)
Surrendered items will not be returned or available for pick-up.
Other ways to watch
For family and friends who will not be present at the Commencement ceremony, DSU will broadcast the ceremony live on YouTube. On campus, an overflow room for the viewing of Commencement will be set up in the 2nd floor parlors of the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center and in the Education & Humanities Theater.
Honor Cords and DIPLOMA
Honor cords will be included in your regalia package
Diplomas will be mailed January 2019.