How to get involved with Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research Experiential Learning and Honors at Delaware State University aims to provide opportunities for students of all disciplines to engage in research. There are several benefits of Undergraduate Research:
- Transferrable skills: enhance written, oral, communication, and technical skills.
- Explore Career directions: exposure to research during the academic year and summer research provides knowledge and experience of a centralized area of research. Navigate to find the research career that best suits your interests.
- Apply coursework to research: while learning coursework, undergraduate research allows students to apply course learning methods to research. High-impact learning practice.
- Faculty researchers: learn from faculty researchers who are experts in their research field. Gain professional training and guidance from faculty researchers which can lead to graduate/medical education and research.
- Research presentation opportunities present your research at conferences and workshops. Exposure to be eligible for research fellowships.
Undergraduate research programs
- College of Agriculture, Sciences and Technology
- Delaware INBRE Summer Research Program 2021
- Neuroscience in Delaware
- DSU U-RISE Star Program
- desgc [at] bartol.udel.edu (subject: Apply%20NASA%20DE%20Space%20Grant%20Summer%202021) (NASA Delaware Space Grant Summer 2021)
- Undergraduate Research & Mentoring Summer Program at DSU
- TEAL Fellow (STEM Majors)
- NASA Internship: Fall 2021
- DoD Center of Excellence Advanced Quantum Sensing Summer Program 2021
- World Resources Institute: Climate and Energy research (all majors)
- Harvard Summer Research in Kidney Medicine
- SURF: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center) STEM majors
- Boston University STaRS (Summer Training as Research Scholars); Science and Medicine majors
- Creighton University Summer Research Institute: majors in Public Health, Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, and related fields
- Hofstra School of Medicine, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research Student Internship Program: Behavioral Science, Cancer Research, Molecular Medicine
- Johns Hopkins, Summer Internship Program: majors in Science, Medicine, and Public Health
*External opportunities for undergraduate research programs can be found on Handshake.