Summer Academy

Summer Financial Aid Application

To apply for summer Financial Aid you must:

  • have the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
  • complete the summer financial aid application on the Summer Academy.
  • You must apply for and be offered summer financial aid before your summer session ends.


Credit hour requirements to receive summer Federal Direct Loans vary based on college:

College Minimum Credit Hours
Undergraduate 6
Graduate 3

Types of Financial Aid Available

Summer financial aid is usually limited to:

  • Federal Pell Grant - The Federal Pell Grant will automatically be offered to you if you qualify.
  • Federal Direct Subsidized/ Unsubsidized Stafford Loans - If you have received the annual maximum Federal Direct Stafford Loan amount for the fall, winter, and spring terms, loans will not be offered for the summer session.
    • If you are a dependent undergraduate student your parent(s) may request a Federal Direct PLUS (Parent) Loan. 
    • If you are a graduate or professional student, you will be offered a Federal Direct PLUS (Graduate/Professional) Student Loan if you qualify
  • Student Employment - Offers are determined each year based on funding availability

University Billing

Tuition and fees and residence hall room and board will be charged to your U-Bill (student Account?) beginning in May. The University bill must be paid by the due date, regardless of delays, reductions or cancellation of financial aid. 

Questions regarding the University bill or the impact of not paying the University bill should be directed to the Student Accounts in the administration building, or by email at studentaccounts [at]


Financial aid will be disbursed on the first day of your summer class.

Withdrawing or Dropping Classes After the Summer Semester Has Begun

You should contact the Office of Student Financial Aid before dropping individual courses or withdrawing from the summer semester. A change in registration can impact your financial aid eligibility.