Early Bird Program
The Early Bird Program is for juniors and seniors attending high school in the State of Delaware who wish to earn college credit while still attending high school during the Fall and/or Spring. In order to qualify for the program, students must be recommended by their high school principal or guidance counselor. Interested students should complete the online application, obtain a letter of recommendation from their principal or guidance counselor, and have written approval from their parents. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better is also required. Early Bird applicants may enroll for no more than six (6) credit hours per semester. Please be mindful that if you enroll in a science course, a one-hour accompanying lab is required. The cost for this program is consistent with the University’s published fees. Students whose cumulative high school grade point averages are 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale are entitled to six (6) hours of free tuition per semester. All students will still be responsible for fees - lab, technology, parking, etc. Students may not enroll in the Early Bird program if they have already graduated from high school. If accepted into the program, an updated high school transcript must be submitted to the Office of Admissions prior to each semester they wish to participate.
Get Started Today:
- Apply today
- Submit official high school transcript
- Submit letter of recommendation from your school counselor or high school principal
- Submit letter of permission from your parent(s)
- For Fall consideration-online application and required documents must be received in the Office of Admissions prior to July 1.
- For Spring consideration-online application and required documents must be received in the Office of Admissions prior to December 1.