Junior Class Entrepreneur Expo
In an effort to show the entrepreneurial spirit that exists among the University’s third-year student population, the Junior Class Board of the Student Government Association hosted an Entrepreneur Expo on Sept. 8 in the MLK Jr. Student Center.
“We wanted to showcase businesses who are juniors,” said Vanessa Lamb, President of the Junior Class, from Newark N.J., who is also a Criminal Justice major.
For images of the junior class entrepreneurs, click on the below link:
Among the student entrepreneurs and their businesses that were part of the event:
- Angel Vo from Smyrna, a History/Psychology major and an DSU Early College H.S. graduate. Business: Percy Jewels (handmade jewelry).
- Jordan Cole from Wilmington, Mass Communications/Digital media major. Business: Graphic Design Business (graphic art).
- Mia Green from Smyrna, Criminal Justice major; Tania Sturgis, Georgetown, Business Management major; Kayla Duvaul from Washington D.C., Liberal Studies/Law Studies. Business: Nia’s Divine Catering (specializing in eats).
- Autumn Lodge from Brooklyn, N.Y., Nursing major; Biniya Lee from Paulsboro, N.J., Criminal Justice major. Business; Autumn Applez (specializing in different types of bread pudding).
- Alycia Bradshaw from East Orange, N.J., Business Management major.; Shaunia Gibson from Brooklyn, N.Y., Criminal Justice/Business Management. Business: Styles by Lyci (sunglasses).
- Nylah Artist from Wilmington, Del., Business Marketing major. Business Glam Luxury Beauty Supply Store.
- Timmia Kellum from Philadelphia, Pa., Criminal Justice major, CEO; Addise Daley from New York City, N.Y., Biological Sciences major; Nadja Cherry from Atlantic County, N.J., Criminal Justice. Business: Arsya Beauty (all-natural and organic cosmetics).
- Amaya Harris from Newark, N.J., Pre-Nursing major. Business : Bonnets and Do-Rags.
- Ayonna Hardy from Townsend, Del., Accounting major. Business: Love Hurts Menari Apparel (shirt, hoodie shorts, two-piece sets).
- Kayla Bess from Smyrna, Del., nursing major. Business: Bess Beauty (hair braiding).
- Sean Davidson from Newark, Del., Business Management major; Jordan Williams from Baltimore, Md., Kinesiology. Business: Screen Print Shirts.
- Roger Booker from Ocala, Fla., Business Management. Business: Superfly Clothes.
- Ramir McDowell from Philadelphia, Pa., Business Management major. Business: Entangled Emotions (hoodie shorts).
- Kobe Wallace from Wilmington, Del., Mass Communications/Digital Media Productions, CEO; Olumide Oloyede from Prince George County, Md., Management Information System. Business: Shangeatz (Food Service).
- Tyler Nelson from Brooklyn, N.Y., Business Management/Community Resource Management. Business: Tyglamz (makeup artist).
In addition to Ms. Lamb, the Junior Class Board members who organized and hosted the event included: Myla Garcia, Jr. from Middletown, Del., Political Science/ Law Studies major; Alani Lawrence from Middletown, Del, a Biological Science/Pre-Med.major; Kiaira, Willard from Washington, D.C., a Mass Communication/Digital Media major.