Professional Development Workshop held
The University’s Office of Human Resources held its annual Professional Development Workshop for its employees in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Center, giving them an opportunity mix with other Del State colleagues and gain new knowledge in many areas conducive to enhancing their work environment and outside lives.
For images from the workshop, click on the below photo slideshow link:
The morning workshop featured presentation sessions on “Infectious Control” led by Dr. Michelle Fisher, “Risk Management” led by Ms. LaKresha Moultrie, “Title IX” led by Ms. Candy Young, “Cyber Security” led by Mr. Darrell McMillon, “Emergency Response/Active Shooter” led by Patrolman Jorge Camacho, and “Campus Safety” led by Police Chief Harry Downes Jr.
Following lunch, employees had a variety of workshop sessions to choose from, including:
- “Putting the ‘I’ in Team” facilitated by Dr. Francine Edwards.
- “Maximizing Performance – Understanding Work Styles and Social Differences” led by Ms. Terri Easter.
- “Financial Health” led by Dr. Nandita Das.
- “Office Etiquette” facilitated by Ms. Pamela Mosley Gresham and Ms. Candy Young.
- “Health and Wellness” led by Dr. Jennifer Akey and Dr. Nicole Bell-Rogers.
- “Building Blocks of Communication” facilitated by Ms. Jordin Williams.
- “Culture Blending” led by Mr. Kevin Noriega.
- “The Power of Knowing” led by Ms. Dawn Mosley.
- “ReNew, ReSet, ReCharge: Your Journey Towards Work-Life Balance” facilitated by Chaplain Pam Adams.
The morning session began with opening remarks by Mrs. Irene Hawkins Chapman, vice president of Human Resources, and University President Wilma Mishoe. With the knowledge that Dr. Mishoe will be retiring at the end of the year, the gathering blessed her with a standing ovation in recognition of the leadership she has provided during her tenure.