Dr. Vita Pickrum Honored by CASE
The Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District II has named Dr. Vita Pickrum, DSU vice president of Institutional Advancement, as its 2018 Professional of the Year.
The CASE District II’s Achievement Awards Committee recognized Dr. Pickrum for:
- Significantly increasing private giving to DSU, including a 100% increase in alumni participation rate.
- The establishment of strategic public and private partnerships with the University.
- Leading the successful completion of the school-record five-year DSU $20 million Greater Than One fundraising campaign to support scholarships and other student success programs.
- Expanding the HBCU Philanthropy Symposium into a national program.
- Serving on the CASE’s Commission of Philanthropy and its National Committee on Institutionally Related Foundations.
- Serving on the boards of the Delaware Alliance of Nonprofit Agencies and of the Delaware Community Foundation.
Dr. Pickrum will formally receive award on Feb. 26 at the CASE District II Conference in National Harbor, Md.