CLEP Exams & Credits
CLEP is a credit-by-examination program offering 33 exams you can take to earn credits that are accepted at 2,900 colleges and universities. Browse this list of CLEP exams, sorted by subject area, and discover the credits offered for each exam. Click each exam link to find a Study.com test prep course offering lessons, self-assessment options and tools to help you study.
Composition and Literature
- American Literature (3 credits)
- Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (3 credits)
- College Composition (3 credits)
- College Composition Modular (3 credits)
- English Literature (3 credits)
- Humanities (3 credits)
- French Language: Levels 1 and 2
- German Language: Levels 1 and 2
- Spanish Language: Levels 1 and 2
Note: All World Languages exams offer 6 credits for the Level 1 portion and 9 credits for the Level 2 portion. Based on a score of 63 or higher.
History and Social Sciences
- American Government (3 credits)
- History of the United States I (3 credits)
- History of the United States II (3 credits)
- Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- Introduction to Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- Introductory Psychology (3 credits)
- Introductory Sociology (3 credits)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- Social Sciences and History (6 credits)
- Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648 (3 credits)
- Western Civilization II: 1648 to Present (3 credits)
Science and Mathematics
- Biology (6 credits) Based on a score of 62 or higher.
- Calculus (4 credits)
- Chemistry (6 credits) Based on score of 62 or higher.
- College Algebra (3 credits)
- College Mathematics (6 credits) Based on a score of 62 or higher.
- Natural Sciences (6 credits) Based on a score of 62 or higher
- Precalculus (3 credits)
- Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- Information Systems (3 credits)
- Introductory Business Law (3 credits)
- Principles of Management (3 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
Each CLEP exam costs $87. Payment is made in the My Account portal (clep.collegeboard.org) via debit or credit card. There is a small administrative fee to the testing center.
Military personnel (for qualifying personnel only) may be able to have their exams funded through the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). If you qualify for DANTES and take your exam at an on-base or fully funded test center, your exam and test center administration fees will be free of charge.
Registration & Test Scheduling
To register for a CLEP exam, you must select an exam from the CLEP registration page or individual exam page then enter the My Account portal to submit your payment.
To learn more about CLEP, please contact Testing Services and Programs at testing [at] desu.edu or call 302-857-6144 and speak with a testing professional.
Get Connected for Student Success