Delaware State University’s Employee Fitness Program is intended to generate more participation in daily health and fitness activities. The Employee Fitness Program will encourage employee involvement in The Department of Wellness and Recreation programming, as well as prepare employees for a lifetime of fitness, wellness, and health.
Goals of the Employee Fitness program
- Promote involvement in WRC programs and community fitness opportunities.
- Recognize commitment to total-person development.
- Enhance individual preparation for a lifetime of fitness, wellness, health and recreation.
Employee Fitness Program Rules
- Open to ALL individuals currently employed at Delaware State University with a valid employee ID. If there are any changes that occur throughout the semester, the Fitness Managers must be notified.
- Employees are only permitted to access to the Wellness & Recreation Center between the hours of 11:00am - 1:00pm to participate in the employee fitness program. Access to the facility at any other time will require the purchase of an employee membership.
- Employees must sign in at the front desk.
- Who can participate in the Employee Fitness program? The Employee Fitness Program is designed for all employees of Delaware State University with a valid Delaware State University employee ID.
- How much does it cost to enroll in the Employee Fitness program? This program is FREE and allows admission into the Wellness and Recreation Center during the designated hours.
- What is the Employee Fitness Program? The Employee Fitness program provides a various selection of FREE activities geared towards encouraging employees to use the Wellness and Recreation Center.
- When am I able to use the Wellness and Recreation Center? The employee fitness program has activities set for certain days and certain hours. A schedule is available on the Delaware State University Department of Wellness and Recreation website as well as in the Wellness and Recreation Center on campus. BECAUSE THE GOAL OF THE EMPLOYEE FITNESS PROGRAM ALLOWS EMPLOYEES TO OBTAIN A MEMBERSHIP, EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE WRC OUTSIDE OF ALLOTTED EMPLOYEE FITNESS HOURS AND PROGRAMMING. KEEPING THE INTENSE FACULTY/STAFF SCHEDULE IN MIND, WE HAVE GIVEN A VARIETY OF HOURS FOR YOUR USE!
- Where is the Wellness and Recreation Center? The Wellness and Recreation Center is located on the North side of campus adjacent to the Martin Luther King student center. It also connects to Memorial Hall gymnasium.
- How many laps around the track is a mile? 8 laps = 1 mile
- Where do I have to sign in? Sign in for the employee fitness program at the front desk of the Wellness & Recreation Center.