WELCOME TO DELAWARE STATE UNIVERSITY! The Center for Teaching and Learning is always excited to meet our new faculty, adjuncts, and teaching assistants. We host an annual New Faculty Orientation every August to welcome our new faculty and provide some insightful information that will be helpful to you during your journey here at Delaware State University. We are committed to your success as a DSU professor and committed to the success of our students.
The CTL has an open-door policy and we encourage you to stop by if you have any questions or concerns. We are located in Conwell Hall, 2nd floor.
Please feel free to download and share some of the resources for New Faculty.
- Helping New Faculty Thrive
- Philosophy of Teaching Statements
- Teaching Mistakes from the College Classroom
- 11 Strategies for Getting Student to Read What’s Assigned
- 5 Things to Do on the First Day of Class10 Effective Classroom Management Techniques Every Faculty Members Should Know
- Building Student Engagement
- Tips for Encouraging Student Participation in Classroom Discussions