Hundreds of transfer students each year choose to continue their college education at DSU. Our straightforward admissions process is designed to meet your unique needs as a transfer student, making your transition to DSU a smooth one. We even offer Transfer Wednesday events in the spring and fall for prospective transfer students to speak with an admissions counselor, tour campus, learn about financial aid and have their transcripts evaluated.
Transfer Student Admissions Requirements
The following guidelines will help you know whether you meet DSU’s transfer student admissions criteria:
- Applications from transfer students can be from two-year colleges, four-year colleges, and universities accredited by their respective regional association.
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended must be submitted for admission consideration.
- The cumulative GPA from all previously attended college/universities must be 2.0 or above.
- SAT or ACT test scores if not transferring in 12 credit hours or more at a GPA of 2.0 or better.
- College course credits obtained within the last 10 years are not accepted automatically and will be at the discretion of the appropriate department.
- Courses to be transferred must be equivalent to respective DSU courses. Credits are evaluated according the specific academic program the student is applying to.
- Credit cannot be granted for correspondence courses.
- In instances where courses from other colleges or universities only partially fulfill general education requirements, students will need to make up the credit hours shortage in the same department.
- Course grades must at least be a “C” in order for the transfer credit to count. Grades of "C-" cannot transfer.
- Students who have been placed on academic probation, suspended or dismissed from previous institutions cannot be considered for admission to Delaware State University.
Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC) transfer students in connected degrees should review the course transfer options. Check out which courses transfer to DSU from other colleges and universities below.