COVID Testing Schedule
Thank you for your partnership in helping to keep our campus community safe. In accordance with the University’s COVID-19 Operations Policy, testing is mandatory twice a week for ALL reporting faculty and staff, residential students, and commuter students receiving on-campus academic instruction. Compliance is being monitored, and failure to participate may result in disciplinary action.
Below, please see information about testing the week of May 3.
The University has begun a wristband protocol to help monitor testing compliance. Each week a different colored wristband will be issued to STUDENT test participants at the testing site. The wristband must always be worn or kept with you while on campus. You will be expected to display the wristband upon request.
The color for the week of May 3 is GREEN.
Testing is mandatory two times per week for the following groups. Compliance will be monitored, and failure to participate may result in disciplinary action.
- ALL students, including commuter students, receiving on-campus academic instruction
- Residential students
- Reporting staff and faculty.
Please see the schedule at right.
How to prepare before testing
BEFORE reporting for testing, you must:
Pre-register (DSU Site Code: DSUXG). Student residents of Delaware who currently live on campus: Please update your account to your University address. Please view registration directions for more information. For technical issues with registration or logging in, please email g19-customersupport [at] guardanthealth.com for assistance.
- When you log in, you will be required to complete two consent forms. Please review the forms. If you have any questions, contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 302-531-5554.
- Review the Fact Sheet.
BEFORE each arrival, also please do the following in preparation for random saliva-based testing.
The University will conduct a limited number of saliva-based COVID tests randomly throughout the week in addition to the standard nasal swab tests through Guardant.
- Complete the Saliva Test Consent Form prior to arrival at the test site.
- Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes prior to arrival at the test site.
- Bring your University ID card to the test site (or be prepared to provide your D100 number).
- Review the fact sheet.
- Continue to register through Guardant prior to arrival at the test site using the instructions above.
If you are currently exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or are COVID-19 positive, DO NOT report for testing.
Instead, please contact your primary care physician and contact studenthealth2020 [at] desu.edu (students) or covidtestresults2020 [at] desu.edu (employees).
Requirements in addition to testing
Complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment health screening
- Faculty, staff and students should continue to use the Campus Shield app to perform their COVID-19 health screenings daily before each entry to campus or before each arrival at the COVID-19 testing site.
- Vendors and visitors must perform a COVID-19 health screening prior to their arrival every time they report to campus. (When prompted for a Unique ID, vendors/visitors should enter their phone number (if they do not have a University D100 number)). Vendors and visitors cannot download and use the Campus Shield app. Faculty, staff and students can also access this site using their D100 number.
- Virtual badges are shown to campus police upon arrival and are active for 24 hours.
Review the revised University COVID-19 policy
Please review the University’s COVID-19 policy. All faculty, staff and students are required to review the policy.