COVID Testing Schedule
In accordance with the University’s COVID-19 Operations Policy, testing is mandatory twice a week for ALL reporting faculty and staff, residential students, and commuter students receiving on-campus academic instruction. Compliance is being monitored, and failure to participate may result in disciplinary action. Below is a reminder of the weekly testing schedule. Thank you for your partnership in helping to keep our campus community safe.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our campus safe. Please see the following testing schedule for the week of March 1.
Testing is mandatory two times per week for the following groups. Compliance will be monitored, and failure to participate may result in disciplinary action.
- ALL students, including commuter students, receiving on-campus academic instruction
- Residential students
- Reporting staff and faculty.
The University will conduct a limited number of saliva-based COVID tests randomly throughout the week in addition to the standard nasal swab tests through Guardant.
In preparation for the random saliva-based testing, all participants are asked to do the following for each arrival:
- Complete the Saliva Test Consent Form prior to arrival at the test site.
- Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes prior to arrival at the test site.
- Bring your University ID card to the test site (or be prepared to provide your D100 number).
- Continue to register through Guardant prior to arrival at the test site using the instructions below.
- Fact sheet.
Testing is conducted on a schedule based on the first letter of your last name. Participants must register for every testing event.
**If a time in the weekly testing schedule below conflicts with your class/work schedule, you may report with an alternate test group as detailed in the schedule. Other special circumstances must be approved by Enterprise Risk Management or Student Health.**
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already tested positive for COVID-19, you are prohibited from reporting to DSU’s test site to re-test unless you have received clearance from the Student Health Center.
Group 1: Monday and Thursday
- Last Name begins with letters A-C: Report to Bank of America Building between 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Last Name begins with letters D-F: Report to Bank of America Building between 10:30 a.m.-12 noon
- Last Name begins with letters G-I: Report to Bank of America Building between 1:30-3 p.m.
- Last Name begins with letters J-M: Report to Bank of America Building between 3-4:30 p.m.
Group 2: Tuesday and Friday
- Last Name begins with letters N-P: Report to Bank of America Building between 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Last Name begins with letters Q-S: Report to Bank of America Building between 10:30 a.m.-12 noon
- Last Name begins with letters T-V: Report to Bank of America Building between 1:30-3 p.m.
- Last Name begins with letters W-Z: Report to Bank of America Building between 3-4:30 p.m.
BEFORE reporting for testing, you must:
- Pre-register (DSU Site Code: DSUXG). Student residents of Delaware who currently live on campus: Please update your account to your University address. Please view registration directions for more information. For technical issues with registration or logging in, please email g19-customersupport [at] guardanthealth.com for assistance.
When you log in, you will be required to complete two consent forms. Please review the forms. If you have any questions, contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 302-531-5554.
- Review the Fact Sheet.
If you are currently exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or are COVID-19 positive, DO NOT report for testing. Instead, please contact your primary care physician and contact studenthealth2020 [at] desu.edu (students) or covidtestresults2020 [at] desu.edu (employees).
Download the COVID Alert DE app
The State of Delaware launched COVID Alert DE – a mobile app available in the App Store or Google Play that will help Delaware fight community spread of COVID-19.
By downloading COVID Alert DE, Delawareans can use their phones in the fight against COVID-19 without compromising privacy or personal information. COVID Alert DE also allows users to log symptoms and get more information on COVID-19 in Delaware.