Campus Shield / COVID-19 Health Screening
A COVID-19 Health Screening form must be completed by all employees, visitors and vendors every time he/she enters campus. Only one form is needed per day.
The University is only open to essential employees and certain approved visitors conducting business on campus.
PLEASE NOTE: All employees or visitors must wear a face covering on campus, except where doing so would inhibit that individual’s health. If you do not have one, please report to the public safety building to receive one; however, we strongly encourage employees and visitors to bring their own in order to conserve resources. Compliance with this policy will be monitored by the University’s Enterprise Risk Management office. Anyone who fails to comply may be subject to discipline under applicable University policies. If you have questions or concerns? Call the DSU Coronavirus hotline at 302.531.5554
There are two options for completing the screening form:
NOTE: if you do not have a DSU ID, enter your phone number for the Unique Id field
Request to Enter Campus
Please be advised that access to campus is limited to individuals who have been deemed essential employees, students and/or visitors who cannot complete work remotely. Campus Security maintains a list of individuals at the front gate.
- Anyone who is not listed will be denied entry.
- All requests must be made at least 24 hours prior to the entry date.
- You will be notified via email whether your request is approved or disapproved.
- For anyone who is approved, please be advised that you must complete the COVID-19 Health Screening form online or via the app on the day of entry prior to reporting to campus.
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact the COVID-19 hotline at 302.531.5554
The COVID-19 Screenings App is for Faculty, Staff, and Students only. All others should use the online form.
The Campus Shield app is used to make the health screenings required by the Delaware Division of Public Health more easily accessible to the University community and to identify those who have completed the assessment.
The Campus Shield app is used to complete a COVID-19 Self-Assessment every time you report to campus. The assessment asks a brief series of questions regarding your health and, upon completion, provide a virtual badge which you will use to gain entry to the campus. The badge appears on your phone and campus police will check it prior to allowing anyone entry.
The assessment should be completed prior to reporting to campus; however, please note that each badge is only active for 24 hours.
Please follow the following steps:
- Download the App via the following links:
- Follow the registration instructions. Campus Shield Registration and User Guide.
- Every day that you report, click the “COVID Self-Assessment” option and complete the series of questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the COVID-19 Hotline at 302.531.5554 or email contactrisk [at] desu.edu