Effective January 3, 2019, the Office of Career Services & Student Employment is proud to introduce
|For student employment job postings, student applications and hiring*|
|A complimentary software in the NetGen Web Solutions suite to map for electronic signatures|
DSU will remain a Handshake campus. Handshake should be used to search and apply for internships, professional careers, view and RSVP for career events and share profiles with employers
All students must complete the Student Employment Orientation on Blackboard at least one time during their On campus employment. Students must complete an I-9 online via Dynamic forms and then present a photo ID and social security card to the SEO office before working. ALL student employees must attend both Fall and Spring career fairs to remain eligible to work on campus at DSU.
DACA Students can work on campus but must have a work authorization card. Please see the student employment office before working to ensure you are in compliance with federal regulations.
International Students make sure to complete an On-campus employment clearance form through the International Affairs Office before you begin to work.
- Remember students are not to start working until a final approval is sent to supervisor from the Payroll Office.
- Departments (Employers) Create a Profile on Job-X to post jobs and hire students.
- Students Apply For Jobs Using Resumes on Job-X
- Departments Select Students to Interviews
- Departments Hire Students Using Job-X
- Budget/Finance will verify budgets are available for Departmental and SGA employment before Student Employment can approve.
- Title III grant will verify grant is available and information is correct before Student Employment can approve.
- Students complete Student Employment Confirmation form and submit for signature approvals via Dynamic forms. (This is when the document is transferred for signatures too all required approvers before Payroll can process the student worker.)
- Financial Aid will process and approve FWS student workers and submit to Payroll for processing.
- Students will go online to Dynamic forms to complete I-9 Process, Payroll documents, and other SEO forms.
- Students must have a photo ID and social security in order to work on campus and must present the documents to SEO.
- DACA students must have an authorization card to work on campus.
- International students must get clearance to work through the International Student Services Office. (See On-Campus Employment for F-1 Students under student forms).
- The approval process can take 2-4 weeks for processing and must go through an approval process before the students can work.
- Paperwork must go through Student Employment Office, Grants, Finance, and then Payroll before approval can take place.
- Payroll will notify Supervisors and Students when they are Eligible to Begin Work
- STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK until Payroll notifies the supervisor and student that they are approved to work.
- Any Adjustments Made to Student Working Situation complete an Adjustment Form online in Dynamic forms.
- All questions and concerns related to student workers’ pay, timesheet, and process approval, should be directed to the Student Employment Office for assistance.