COVID Testing Schedule
Thank you for your partnership in helping to keep our campus community safe. In accordance with the University’s COVID-19 Operations Policy, testing is mandatory twice a week for ALL reporting faculty and staff, residential students, and commuter students receiving on-campus academic instruction. Individuals who are fully vaccinated are required to test only once a week. Compliance is being monitored, and failure to participate may result in disciplinary action.
Testing will be conducted at the following times and locations:
- MAIN CAMPUS: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the hallway in the back of Memorial Hall Gymnasium. Please use the back entrance of Memorial Hall.
- DSU DOWNTOWN: Monday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carpenter Building 112.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already tested positive for COVID-19, you are prohibited from reporting to DSU’s test site to re-test unless you have received clearance from the Campus Health Center.
REVISED COVID-19 POLICY
Please review the University’s revised University COVID-19 policy. All faculty, staff and students are required to review the policy.
All students, faculty and staff are required to review and complete an Informed Consent and Acknowledgment Regarding COVID-19 as we work to keep our campus community safe and reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. The Consent form can be completed at the same time you complete the test consent form for the weekly COVID-19 testing.
Fully vaccinated students, faculty and staff will receive a vaccination sticker on their University ID during the regular on-campus COVID-19 testing. Please bring your University ID with you.
How to prepare before testing
BEFORE each arrival, also please do the following in preparation for random saliva-based testing. The University will conduct saliva-based COVID tests ONLY throughout the week.
- Complete the Saliva Test Consent Form prior to arrival at the test site.
- Do not eat or drink within 30 minutes prior to arrival at the test site.
- Bring your University ID card to the test site (or be prepared to provide your D100 number).
- Review the fact sheet.
- For technical issues or questions, please email dsulabtechsupport [at] desu.edu for assistance.
If you are currently exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or are COVID-19 positive, DO NOT report for testing.
Instead, please contact your primary care physician and contact studenthealth2020 [at] desu.edu (students) or covidtestresults2020 [at] desu.edu (employees).
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR TEST RESULTS
If you do not receive an email notification that your COVID-19 test results are available, please use the link https://testinglab.desu.edu/login.php to log into your account and obtain your test results. The test results are usually available within 36-48 hours of taking the COVID-19 test.
Requirements in addition to testing
Complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment health screening
- Faculty, staff and students should continue to use the Campus Shield app to perform their COVID-19 health screenings daily before each entry to campus or before each arrival at the COVID-19 testing site.
- Vendors and visitors must perform a COVID-19 health screening prior to their arrival every time they report to campus. (When prompted for a Unique ID, vendors/visitors should enter their phone number (if they do not have a University D100 number)). Vendors and visitors cannot download and use the Campus Shield app. Faculty, staff and students can also access this site using their D100 number.
- Virtual badges are shown to campus police upon arrival and are active for 24 hours.