Student Emergency Relief Fund Application
Thank you for your interest in the COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Fund. We received an overwhelming number of applications and disbursed our initial funds in response. As a result, we are suspending the application submission and approval process. If you have already applied, we have saved your request. We are continuing our solicitation efforts. Once additional funding becomes available, we will reopen the submission and approval process. Please continue to monitor the website for updates.
Student Relief Funding Availability
Delaware State University is committed to making the maximum amount of relief and support available to all students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, there are several major relief options available to students:
- CARES Act Relief Funds
- COVID 19 Student Emergency Relief Fund
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund | J.P Morgan Chase Student Emergency Fund
Students that receive the CARES Act and TMCF|JPMC funding are not eligible at this time to receive COVID 19 Student Emergency Relief Funds. Once all initial funding has been completed, Delaware State University will update additional funding opportunities.
For additional information on CARES Act Relief Funding consult the CARES Act Relief Fund FAQ.
COVID-19 Student Emergency Relief Fund (SERF) Eligibility Guidelines
- Be enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior undergraduate or graduate student at Delaware State University during the 2019-2020 academic school year.
- Complete the Emergency Student Relief Fund online application.
- After review and upon approval, students must write a thank you letter regarding how the funds will benefit them prior to funds being released to applicant.
- Students that receive the TMCF|JPMC funds are not eligible at this time to receive Student Emergency Relief funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I receive the full amount requested?
The amount requested might be different than what is awarded depending on available funds.
- Where do I send the thank you letter?
The thank you letter will be required upon approval of application and should be sent to dsufoundation [at] desu.edu.
- When can I expect to receive approved funding?
Applications will be reviewed every Thursday. If approved, funds will be disbursed 3-5 days after approval.
- Can I apply multiple times for Emergency Relief support?
Due to the high volume of requests, one application per student will be considered. If additional funding is available, students will be notified for additional rounds for application submissions.
Direct additional questions to dsufoundation [at] desu.edu.