Honors Program Admission
APPLICATION FOR HONORS ADMISSION
To apply to the Delaware State University Honors Program, you must complete the main online application, and complete the Honors Program requirements described here, in full, and submit to the Honors Program address below.
- Incoming First-Year Students: April 15
- Transfer and Continuing Students: Prior to 1st semester Junior year
- Note: Application for Honors Housing: May 1
Admission into the Honors Program requires:
- Regular admission to Delaware State University without conditions;
- A GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- An SAT combined score of at least 1050 in Mathematics and Critical Reading, with at least 450 in each section; OR an ACT composite score of at least 22 in Mathematics and Critical Reading;
- Approval of the DSU Honors Program.
Application materials required:
- Completion of the main online application.
- Official high school and/or college transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) high school or college instructors. (Recommendation Form)
- A typed essay of 400 - 600 words, explaining why you wish to be admitted into the Honors Program.
- A list of academic and extracurricular achievements/awards.
Mail application materials to:
DSU Honors Program
Delaware State University
William C. Jason Library, room 223
1200 N. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901