English Placement Test
Accessing the English Placement Test for the First Time
English Placement Test (EPT)
Testing window: March 15, 2017 – August 1, 2017
- Sign-on to Banner Self Service with your D# and PIN.
- Click the Student Services Tab.
- Click the DSU English Placement Test Link.
- If you are not authorized to take the assessment you will get the message below. Otherwise, you will be redirected to the ALEKS Website.
- The link will open the DSU English Placement Test login screen.
- Username: Newstudents
- Password: Passtest2
- Password Expires: August 1, 2017
- The Student must enter their Student ID, and confirm the same number in the Confirm Student ID field
- Student Information Page 2: First Name- Middle Name- Last Name- Address 1- Address 2- Country- State- City- Zip/Postal Code- Email Address- Home Phone Number- Mobile Phone Number- Gender- How do you describe yourself/ Ethnic Background
- Choose Save after you have completed all of the questions
- Please read the student instructions:
- On the next screen, from the Administer New Test Session choose from the Branching profile drop-down menu and select DSU English Placement Test
- Click “Administer Test”
- The View Tutorial option in the top right-hand corner gives information on how to use the mouse & keyboard- how to take a multiple-choice test - how to take an essay test
- Writeplacer: Candidates will plan and write a multi-paragraph essay
- Reading Comprehension: Test measures your ability to understand what you read
- Please complete this test before your scheduled NSO date!!!