Request a Workshop or Guest Lecture
The Director of Student Accessibility Services (SAS), Dr. Ann Knettler, is available to provide workshops for Faculty and Administrative Staff. Dr. Knettler is also an experienced presenter and educator and is available to act as a guest lecturer for disability-related content.
Workshops are appropriate for small or large groups and could be held during Department/College meetings or at a standalone time. Guest Lectures would be appropriate for a variety of courses and/or student groups.
Examples of Available Workshops Include:
- Working with Students with Disabilities (adaptable for any department or group)
- Universal Design
- Tutoring Students with Disabilities: Universal Design Approach
- Preparing Students with Disabilities for the College to Career Transition
- Understanding Ableism and Access
- Online Accessibility and Creating Accessible Documents
Examples of Guest Lecture Topics:
- Student Accessibility Services: An Overview (generally brief, 5-10 minutes)
- Superheroes and Victims: Understanding Ableism and Access
- Managing Within the Law: Disability as Diversity in the Workplace
- Disability in Higher Education: Law, Practice, and Resources
Please contact SAS with any questions about potential workshop or lecture content.
Email: aksmith [at] desu.edu
Office: William C. Jason Library, Room 204