Testing Services & Programs
The department of Testing Services & Programs offers workshops which touch bases on Testing Strategies, Study Skills, Prep-Practice Tests, Proctoring Services (online form submission), and so much more.
TSP Hours of Operation for Testing:
Monday & Wednesday, 9 am to 4 pm
Tuesday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday, 8 am to 6 pm
Friday, 8:30am to 3:30 pm
Mini-Grants for Teaching Innovation & Enrichment
The Center for Teaching and Learning provides the opportunity for faculty to who are willing to step outside of the traditional teaching experience, by providing teaching mini-grants for innovation and enrichment. This competition is open to all full-time, teaching, faculty members at Delaware State University. Mini-grants for trying something different in your teaching, redesigning your course or assessments to improve student learning are available on a competitive basis. Three (3) awards will be made with a maximum of $2,000 for each award. These awards will be used to support course or teaching innovation which improves student learning. The goal of this award program is to impact learning outcomes, student retention or overall student success.
ACUE Effective Teaching Practices Course
In the spring of 2018. Delaware State University partnered with the Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) to launch an online course in Effective Teaching Practices. The five units of the course address:
1. Designing an Effective Course and Class
2. Establishing a Productive Learning Environment
3. Using Active Learning Techniques
4. Promoting Higher Order Thinking
5. Assessing to Inform Instruction and Promote Learning
DSU participants will received a certificate in Effective Teaching Practices endorsed by the American Council of Education (ACE) and a one- time stipend of $750.00 upon completion of the program. For additional information about ACUEs Effective Teaching Practices course, please go to http://acue.org/course/. If you are interested in participating in an upcoming cohort, please contact one of our course facilitators, Ms. Amber Gordon award [at] desu.edu or Dr. Alexa Silver acawley [at] desu.edu.
Cohort #1 Launch Date May 17, 2018
Cohort #2 Launch Date August 23, 2018
Cohort #3 Launch Date TBD
Cohort #4 Launch Date TBD
Cohort #5 Launch Date TBD
Professional Travel Support Program
The Center for Teaching & Learning offers travel financial support to full-time faculty members of Delaware State University that are seeking to attend a professional development conference in the areas of teaching, learning, or assessment.
- Funds are limited and are available on the first come first serve basis.
- International travel is not eligible for funding
- Rental cars are not eligible for funding
- CTL per diem rate differs from the university allowance of the GSA per diem rates.
- Applicants must have a current M&T Travel card issued by Delaware State University
- Recipients are required to submit a Title III Travel Summary form within 5 business days after their return.
- Recipients are required to submit an M&T Expense report for their approved travel expenditures with receipts attached within 5 business days after their return.
Please see below for the additional information to the Center for Teaching & Learning Travel Support program.
- CTL Travel Support Program
- CTL Travel Authorization Form
- Title III Travel Summary Form
- M&T CenterSuite
- M&T CentreSuite User Guide
Tuition Assistance Program
The Center for Teaching & Learning offer Tuition Reimbursement to full time faculty who are pursuing an advance degree to specialty certification. Please refer to the guidelines below
As of spring 2016, the Center for Teaching & Learning will be managing student course evaluations for the University. Effective fall 2016, the university will be using BLUE to manage the online course evaluations. Emails will be sent to all enrolled students during the fall and spring semesters with will provide a direct link for students to complete their evaluations. Instructors will receive an email at the close of these evaluations where they can view and download their course reports (login credentials are required).
Login: DESU email handle (without the @desu.edu)
Password: the same as your DESU email account
If you require additional assistance, please send an email to CTLCourseEvals [at] desu.edu
Please note that the CTL also has archived evaluations from 2006- Spring 2016. If you would like to request a copy your evaluations results from these years, please send an email to CTLcourseevals [at] desu.edu specifying the semester, the year, course number and the CRN. Please allow 5-7 days to process your request.
- 20 Minute Mentors Log In Instructions
- DSU Blackboard video:https://vimeo.com/136516436
- BLUE Explorance Course Evaluations
- Faculty Focus Blog
- Effective Strategies for Improving College Teaching & Learning
- Philosophy of Teaching Statements
- New Chairs and Deans: How to Succeed as an Academic Leader
- Blended and Flipped: Exploring New Models of Effective Teaching and Learning
- Assessment of Student Learning
- The Active Learning Handbook: Engagement techniques that work
- Textbook Heros: How Digital Textbooks Make Learning More Impactful
- Work-Life Balance: A Handbook for Professors