Provost and Chief Academic Officer for Academic Affairs Search
Delaware State University aspires to be the most inclusive, contemporary Historically Black College/University (HBCU) in America. The University is seeking a Chief Academic Officer who will embrace the University’s vision and lead our world-class faculty into a new era of unprecedented growth that will enhance social mobility, equity and access for students in Delaware and around the world.
The University is already recognized as the number one source for professionals of color in Delaware and has a $23 million research portfolio and international partnerships in 23 countries. The University is also a leader in digital education and is focused on implementing a completely digital learning environment.
Enrollment has grown by 40% since 2009 to more than 5,000 students with an eye toward 10,000 students over the next decade.
As the University’s Chief Academic Officer, a successful candidate will provide the leadership and oversight for academic programs and budget management for five academic colleges, as well as the offices of Student Success, International Programs, and Institutional Effectiveness; and a number of vital research/partnership centers (including the Delaware Institute for Science and Technology, the Delaware Center for Economic Development, the Center for Neighborhood Revitalization Research, and the Center for Global Africa).
The Provost will foster the growth and development of academic programs; manage more than 200 faculty to meet demands of a new and evolving workforce; oversee initiatives to improve student retention and graduation rates; and build collaborative partnerships with community stakeholders.
Most importantly, the Provost will be a transformational leader capable of enhancing the University’s capacity to meet the needs of all students, while maintaining a close focus on first-generation students.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of successfully:
- Implementing and overseeing undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs;
- Expanding online learning;
- Innovating through digital technology;
- Spurring faculty-engaged and student-involved research;
- Increasing student success and retention;
- Managing the Academic Affairs budget;
- Conducting and implementing viable, aggressive Strategic Plans.
This Provost will be at the helm of creating emergent academic, civic and intellectual leaders known for their ability to directly impact the social, economic, and health challenges of our time.
Delaware State University’s search committee is being proactive in locating and recruiting candidates who are up to the challenge. We seek a diverse, highly qualified candidate pool. If you believe you are that candidate, or you would like to nominate someone for consideration, we look forward to working with you in the days to come.
Executive Vice President
SEARCH PROCESS and Timeline FOR PROVOST
- The announcement of the initiation of a search for a new Provost/Chief Academic Officer. Member of the search committee were selected and announced to the University community.
NOVEMBER 8, 2019 to JANUARY 31, 2020
- Application submission and review by search committee.
- Interview semi-finalists via SKYPE.
- Recommendations for three (3) finalist will be made to the President for on campus interviews.
- Three finalists will be invited to campus to meet with faculty, students, staff, and senior administrators and Board of Trustee members.
- Search committee and President will review and discuss the feedback from the campus community.
- President to make an offer to a finalist.
- Announcement of permanent provost.