The University website is a vital communications tool reaching both internal and external audiences. It is also one of the most important marketing vehicles and contributes to the image of DSU. The look, content and navigability of the site can easily influence the user: for example, a prospective student’s Web experience can determine whether or not the student will apply.
The Department of Marketing and Communications oversees all content and monitors visual identity on the administrative section pages of the desu.edu website. These official pages are ones that support home page elements such as the colleges, offices, departments and programs and are subject to the review and approval of the Web manager.
DSU content managers serve a critical role in maintaining the accuracy and user friendliness of their department, college or area’s Web pages. They must provide content that is engaging, succinct, informative as well as factually and grammatically correct. Please see e-communication guidelines.
The process of publishing a new or updated page begins with the content manager. The content manager creates or updates content which is then submitted to the Web manager for review from a branding and layout standpoint. Once the Web manager approves the new or edited page, the Web manager publishes the page onto the website.
Content management training is available upon request to the Web manager. If a content manager needs technical assistance, please send inquiries to webmaster [at] desu.edu. We kindly request up to 48 hours turnaround time.
Content managers should:
- Use the same navigational theme, typography and University colors established by DSU’s home page.
- Keep the page clean and easy to read.
- Review image requirements
- Provide their email address and date of last edit.
- Comply with established institutional policies, as well as state and federal laws.
RECOMMENDED BROWSERS, VERSIONS AND PLUG-INS FOR END USERS
- Chrome: (Current - 1) and Current
- Edge: (Current - 1) and Current
- Firefox: (Current - 1) and Current
- Internet Explorer: 9+
- Safari: (Current - 1) and Current
- Opera: Current