Event and Ceremony Guidelines
Planning and hosting an on-campus event showcases to visitors what your department and Delaware State University has to offer. Following are some tools and tips for maximizing the impact of your event.
- For assistance in marketing your event through University publications and through external news sources, including free Community Calendars (if applicable), provide your event details and/or copy of your program to the Office of Public Relations.
- Place your event on the University’s online calendar.
- Notify the Office of University Events and Ceremonies of any dignitary, state official or celebrity who may be featured or attending your event.
- Contact the Department of Marketing and Communications for approval of event materials that use the University’s logo.
- Provide your event details and or/copy of your program to the Public Safety main entrance.
- If the president is speaking, the seal must be on the podium.
- Reserve seats in your venue for special guests.
- Develop a severe weather contingency plan for your event.
- Produce handmade signage (indoor or outside directional or other signs).
- Place flags for décor — follow flag protocol for United States, Delaware and University flags.
- Schedule an event during a major University event/ceremony, i.e., Homecoming, Open House, Founders Day, Commencement, etc.
- Schedule an event during NASCAR weekends.