Branding In Your Area
Approval of Marketing Communications/Merchandise
The Department of Marketing and Communications wishes to work collaboratively with units across campus to help ensure that DSU logos are used properly, that messaging is on target and consistent, and that the University is positively positioned. To achieve this goal, the department requests that the items below be submitted for review and approval prior to production:
- Marketing communications designed by colleges, departments, programs, student organizations or the on-campus Copy Center
- Trademarked merchandise ordered from vendors
To initiate a request for our review, please complete the work order form.
The Department of Marketing and Communications is also happy to assist in the creation of your pieces.
University Letterhead and Business Cards
For consistency in branding, University letterhead and business cards are required to utilize the official Delaware State University template featuring the University seal. Orders for these pieces are requested to be made with the assistance of the Department of Marketing and Communications by completing a work order form.
Official University business cards should not include any unofficial slogans, titles or photos without prior approval from the Department of Marketing and Communications. Content should not be printed on the back of the card.
Email signatures should also be consistently branded by University employees and only feature official University logos. The DSU Signature Template is available under Signatures in Outlook.
The following items are prohibited:
- URLs other than official Delaware State University websites
- Personal or professional social media handles e.g. @loveyourearth
- Unofficial slogans e.g. “Make it happen!”
- Quotes e.g.
- “The Future depends on what we do in the present.” - Ghandi
- “Every good and perfect gift is from God.” - James 1:17
- Hashtags e.g. #believeitornot
- Multi-colored text e.g. Delaware State University
- Background colors and patterns