Welcome to the College of Business Advisement Center!
On behalf of the COBAC advisors, it is my pleasure to welcome you. Our mission is to provide academic advisement to students pursuing a degree program in Business during the freshman and sophomore years. Our professional advisors offer services based on current curriculum requirements to assist students with aligning their academic goals with career opportunities as they transition to graduate school and the world of work.
We are very excited that you are interested in pursuing a degree program in business, and your success is very important to us. Academic advisement is an important partnership between the student and the advisor. Please make certain to remain in close contact with your academic advisor about your progress, and know that we will work tirelessly on your behalf.
We look forward to working with you and invite you to visit our center in room 108 of the Bank of America Building. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com  or 302.857.6971.
The College of Business Advisement Center’s mission is to provide academic advisement to students pursuing a degree program in Business during the freshmen and sophomore years. Our professional advisors offer services based on current curriculum requirements to assist students with aligning their academic goals with career opportunities as they transition into graduate studies and the world of work.
Our academic advisement model fosters the student developmental process and provides coaching for the following human relation skills:
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Good Judgment/Decision Making Skills
- Provide best practices in assisting students with informational resources to explore education and career options through mandatory academic advisement processes.
- Assist students with identifying personal interests and establishing a correlation between academic and career goals.
- Our academic advisement model exposes students to a more personal connection with their assigned advisor, thus making a valuable contribution of developing a mentor/mentee relationship.
- The Advisement Center is committed to university retention efforts by considering the sensitive nature of students' personal needs and concerns.
- We provide students with assessment and feedback to keep them well informed of their academic progress. Our goal is to prepare students for a seamless transition into graduate programs and careers.
To promote effective advisement, each student is assigned an advisor upon their declaration of a major in the College of Business. Each advisor establishes a caring and working relationship with students while helping them clarify goals. The Director of the Advisement Center and the Career & Academic Advisors monitor academic progress.
Freshmen and Sophomores are assigned to the professional advisors according to the first letter of the student's last name.
- Last name (A-E): Mrs. Janet McCrea
- Last name (F-M): Ms. Tamekca Faria
- Last name (N-Z): Mr. Brian Passerell
- Juniors: Faculty and Mentors
- Seniors: Department Chairpersons
Registration - The College of Business Advisement Center works closely with the departments during the registration process. During the pre-registration and registration period, each student must make an appointment with his/her advisor to review their selection of courses for the next semester, summer classes, or classes requested to take at another institution. Students should bring with them a course request form and a copy of their student transcript to assure accurate advisement.
FAQ  - Frequently Asked Questions.
Professional Development  - The Visiting Management Professionals Forum.
Internship Program  - Employment while attending college provides a unique opportunity for students to bring together corporate experience and business concepts.
Student Organizations  - in the College of Business.