A new college affordability poll has placed Delaware State University among the most affordable among mathematics schools in the mid-east U.S.
Affordable Colleges Online has ranked Delaware State University as the fourth most affordable mathematics program among 27 ranked colleges and universities in the mid-east region. The University of Delaware, the only other school from the First State listed in this poll, is ranked as the sixth more affordable.
For a school to be eligible for this Affordable Colleges Online mathematics program rankings, the institution had to offer a doctorate-level program in mathematics and be fully accredited as an institution. The eligible schools also had to have a net price tuition under $30,000 (net price tuition = total attendance cost per student minus average grant or scholarship aid awarded per students).
According to that criteria, the top 10 most affordable mathematics program in the mid-east are:
- City University of New York (CUNY) Graduate School and University Center
- Stony Brook University
- State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany
- Delaware State University
- University at Buffalo (SUNY)
- University of Delaware
- University of Maryland – College Park
- University of Maryland – Baltimore County
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- State University of New York (SUNY) at Binghamton
DSU offers a Master of Science Degree Program in Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Education, as well as a Doctoral Program in Allied Mathematics & Mathematical Physics. The University also has undergraduate degrees programs in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, and Mathematics with Computer Sciences.