The Champion Fund will accomplish the following goals:
- To celebrate Delaware State University’s athletics heritage—celebrating the athletes, teams and spirit of competition through the creation of a permanent Delaware State University Athletic Hall of Fame.
- To establish an endowment fund to provide student-athletes traditional and summer scholarships.
- To create a culture of giving among past and current athletes, boosters and other supporters of athletics.
Ways to give to the Champion Fund
A special fund, The DSU Champion Fund, has been created by the DSU Foundation, Inc., the official fundraising entity for Delaware State University. Contributions should to be made to the DSU Foundation, Inc. and notated for the Champion Fund. All donations to the Champion Fund will count toward the Greater Than One: Campaign for Students.
Contributions may be made in the following:
- Online Giving 
- Checks/Money Orders (made payable to: Delaware State University Foundation, Inc., 1200 North DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901)
- Giving by Telephone (please call 302.857.6056, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to process your credit card or debit card gift to DSU)
- Matching Gifts
The list of Hall of Fame inductees is current and covers the period of 1968 through 2014.
Champion Fund Advisory Committee
- Don Blakey
- Tyrone Seymore
- Dave Wharton
- H. Allen Hamilton
- Howard West
- Jimmy Strong
- Jerome Pinkett
- Bill Collick
- Major Hairston
- Maxine Lewis
- A. Morgan Little
- Janice Savage
- Maurice Pritchett