To apply to the Delaware State University Honors Program, please complete the application in full and submit below.
- Incoming First-Year Students: April 15
- Transfer and Continuing Students: Prior to 1st semester Junior year
- Note: Application for Honors Housing: May 1
Admission into the Honors Program requires:
- Regular admission to Delaware State University without conditions;
- A GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- An SAT combined score of at least 1050 in Mathematics and Critical Reading, with at least 450 in each section; OR an ACT composite score of at least 22 in Mathematics and Critical Reading;
- Approval of the DSU Honors Program.
Application materials required:
- Official high school and/or college transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) high school or college instructors. (Recommendation Form )
- A typed essay of 400 - 600 words, explaining why you wish to be admitted into the Honors Program.
- A list of academic and extracurricular achievements/awards.
Mail application materials to:
DSU Honors Program
Delaware State University
Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Center, Suite 325
1200 N. DuPont Highway
Dover, Delaware l9901