College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences & Technology
Website Policy and Copyright Statement
- Introduction 
- Website Mission 
- Management of the CMNST Website 
- General Policies 
- Responsibilities & Liabilities 
- Visitors 
- CMNST - Web Copyright Statement 
The pages contained under www.desu.edu/cmnst  are intended for the information of a variety of constituencies both internal and external to the Delaware State University College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology (CMNST) including: students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, prospective students, and the general public. The content thereof is intended to support the mission and goals of the DSU College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology and to serve as a resource that engages the CMNST community and enhances the relationship between the College and its respective audiences.
www.desu.edu/cmnst is the public presence of the College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology on the World Wide Web. As such, it reflects the academic excellence of our enterprise, the programmatic offerings, and the associated stories of faculty, students, and alumni, who have contributed to the vitality of our academic community and their own personal success.
Oversees all content relating to the College’s web presence.
A number of individuals representing areas associated with the College’s web property may also be designated as content area managers and are charged with the responsibility for maintaining content on the College’s website. As the needs of College’s website change over time, content areas and their managers may be reassigned to reflect current or anticipated usage. The number and function of content area managers will be reviewed and restructured by the College.
- The College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology (CMNST) upholds and subscribes to all policies and provisions as stated in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 105 PL 304 (DMCA) and Title 17 of the US Code. In particular, as stated, it is unlawful to download, upload, or distribute in any fashion, copyrighted material in any form without permission or a license to do so from the copyright holder. The CMNST does not endorse or encourage the use of copyrighted material in ways not intended for such materials.
- The domain www.desu.edu/cmnst  is the sole property of Delaware State University in Dover, Delaware. In addition, a number of related domains are also the property of the College. For a full list of domains owned by Delaware State University, please contact the Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org . Also refer to DSU’s Privacy Statement at www.desu.edu/privacy-statement .
- All materials, including registered trademarks of the College, contained on the CMNST website, are protected under the copyright and intellectual property laws of the United States. These may include, but are not limited to: logos, images, taglines, marketing copy, and graphic designs.
- Any trademark of another institution contained on the CMNST website is used with the knowledge and consent of its owner.
- Any individual, department, or organization using information for which the copyright is held by another person or entity, must secure written permission in advance and keep it on file for the duration of the usage. Permission may be required for the following: text, images, photographs, graphic designs, audio files, video files, tables, charts, and graphs. Care must be taken that the copyrighted material is used only for the purpose and duration of the license or agreement. Scanned material may not be used on the CMNST Website unless permission has been granted in writing by the copyright owner.
- Links to external sites should be related to the College’s primary functions as described in its mission. The CMNST does not endorse the views, content, or opinions of any site linked to the College’s. In addition, the College may be unable to maintain connectivity to any site linked to the College’s and assumes no responsibility for continuous service to another Website.
- The sale or use of advertising on the CMNST website is prohibited. The College may identify the sponsor of any event or program with the name of the organization, its logo, and a link to its Website.
- The content area managers are representatives from the respective departments/units and must have approval of department/unit/college leadership representatives prior to submission for posting.
- All pages making up the CMNST web property must reside on a College owned or designated server and comply with the policies contained in this document.
- The graphic identity of the CMNST is important to the success of the College’s mission. All content found on the College website should conform to the requirements set forth by the Office of the Dean. All pages must contain the College’s logo, a link to the home page, and a reference to the College’s Web Policies & Copyright Statement.
- The sole function of the CMNST website is to conduct the business of the College of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Technology on the World Wide Web as provided in the mission of the College.
- For questions regarding the technology of this site, please contact the webmaster. For questions regarding the content of this site, please contact the Office of Integrated Marketing.
- Although the College takes great care to insure the accuracy and timeliness of the information contained on its website, the College makes no express or implied warranty on, or takes any responsibility for the information found at www.desu.edu/cmnst  or for any other websites linked to this site.
- The College takes every reasonable precaution to prevent the proliferation of viruses or other harmful or disruptive entities on its website, however; the College makes no warranty on, or takes responsibility for any virus or harmful or disruptive entity encountered in the use of its website.
- The College may add, change, or delete any material or link contained on its website as it sees fit, at any time, and without notice or recourse.
Visitors to the CMNST website shall not:
a. Engage in commercial activities or any other unauthorized use;
b. Violate the rights of other institutions or individuals;
c. Transmit viruses or other harmful or disruptive entities;
d. Present images or language that are illegal or that may be considered to be obscene, abusive, threatening, slanderous, or malicious;
e. Change, tamper with, or eliminate any content on this site.
- Visitors to the CMNST website must perform all procedures and provisions of the Campus Manager program and maintain these protocols for the duration of their association with the College.
- Visitors may not use any software or programs found or associated with the operation of this website.
- The College shall not incur any responsibility or be held liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage to any party as a result of the use of its website or its ability to maintain uninterrupted presence on the World Wide Web.
- The College makes no warranty as to the privacy or security of the information contained on its website.
Back to top 
© Copyright 2009 DSU CMNST, Dover, Delaware. All rights reserved.