Medgar W. Evers Hall

 

Evers Residence Hall houses 243 first year coed students. Medgar W. Evers opened the first National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on January 23, 1955.  His work encouraged and helped Negroes to vote. For his efforts he was assassinated in 1963.  Evers hall was erected in 1968.  Evers Hall has a main lounge, kitchen, recreation room, laundry, room, barber shop, reading room, 2nd and 3rd floor study lounges, vending area, television, computer and telephone lines in each room.

 

Medgar Evers Hall
 
On Campus  
Residents Freshmen
Building
Style
Traditional
Residence
Floors
3
Building
Capacity
243
Approx. number sharing bath 27
Can stay during breaks No
Carpeted Rooms No
Coin - Free Laundry Yes
Study Lounge Yes
A/C Yes
Handicap Accessible  
Monthly
Rent