Welcome to Delaware State University!
The information below will help ensure you and your family's smooth transition into becoming a part of the Hornet family! If you have any further questions or concerns pertaining to New Student Orientation, contact the Office of Admissions at 302.857.6351.
SPRING 2015 NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION DATE AND DEADLINE
All New Student Orientation fees are non-refundable .
What is New Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is designed for all new students, including transfers. It introduces you to the campus, where you will learn about DSU’s academic programs, meet faculty members, register for fall classes with your advisor, learn about all of our support services and make new friends with other incoming students. All new students must attend New Student Orientation.
|Save the Date
for Welcome Days!
January 11-17, 2015
Move-in day for
How do I book my New Student Orientation date?
There are two ways that you can register for New Student Orientation.
First, in your acceptance package you will receive an Admissions Acceptance Agreement. This form informs the Office of Admissions that you plan to attend the University. On the bottom portion of that form you can choose which orientation date you would like to attend.
Secondly, you will receive a New Student Orientation booklet that will include a registration form.
Both the Admissions acceptance agreement and the New Student Orientation registration form can be mailed, faxed or hand delivered to the Office of Admissions.
How much is New Student Orientation?
The non-refundable New Student Orientation fee is $150.00 for freshman and $100.00 for transfer students.
How do I make my New Student Orientation Payment?
You can mail in a personal check or money order (no cash) to:
Delaware State University
Office of Admissions
1200 N. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
If you wish to pay with a personal check, major credit card or debit card, you may also submit payment online via QuikPay via the “Pay Your Bill” button on the front page of the DSU website.
How to make a payment via QuikPay:
In the "Login as Guest" box
- Enter: Student ID
- Payment type : “Tuition & Other University Fees” (Note: There is not an option for New Student Orientation)
- Click: Login
- Click: "Yes, continue to the NelNet Quickpay” website
- Make a payment
- Click: "Pay" for Tuition & Other University Fees” (Note: There is not an option for New Student Orientation)
- Select: Term Spring 2015
- Enter: $150 for freshman or $100 for transfer student
What does my orientation fee cover?
The fee covers the processing of your registration, materials given during the orientation, and meals.
How do I make my housing deposit?
- Go to: my.desu.edu
- Select: “QuikPAY” icon
- In the “Login as Guest Box”
- Enter: Student ID
- Click: Login
- Click: “Yes, continue to the NelNet Quickpay” website
- Select: Make a payment
- Click: “Pay” Traditional Housing Deposit
- Select: Term from the drop down box
- Enter: $200.00 as the Payment Amount
- Select: Payment Method from the drop down box
- Click: Continue
- Provide Information: Complete your credit card, bank information or both (must use the option you choose above)
- Click: Confirm to submit your payment
- You will receive an email confirmation for your payment
Can I bring my parents and guest to New Student Orientation?
Yes. You are allowed to bring guests (2 max) to New Student Orientation. However, there is a $35.00 fee for each guest, including children under 12. This fee covers materials given to each guest and meals.
What are some key things to remember for my orientation session?
- Bring documents: Sealed final high school transcript, housing application and completed health form (all documents can be turned in prior to orientation).
- Be prepared to take the Accuplacer test in reading comprehension, sentence skills, arithmetic, elementary algebra, and college-bound mathematics during New Student Orientation. Your test results will be used to place you in your mathematics and English courses. Remember to bring your social security card and photo ID.
Where is New Student Orientation held on campus?
New Student Orientation activities are held in the Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) Student Center. Students will spend most of their day in the MLK with the exception of the campus tour and business dealings with Financial Aid, Student Accounts and ID Center offices in the Administration building. Students driving to orientation should park in Parking Lot 1 across from the MLK Student Center. There is no charge for parking.
A detailed schedule of events will be provided upon your arrival to New Student Orientation.
Documents needed for New Student Orientation:
- Final High School Transcript Release form (if applicable)
- Student Health form
- Housing Application
- FASFA (process prior to attending New Student Orientation). Click here if you have not already processed your FAFSA.
What happens after New Student Orientation (Next Steps)?
After New Student Orientation it is your responsibility to make sure first that all of your documents have been turned in a timely fashion. While you are at New Student Orientation you will have an opportunity to register for your spring semester classes; this will generate your semester bill. Once your bill has been generated, it is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the bill can be paid in full by scholarships, grants, financial aid, personal monies or a payment plan through Student Accounts. One or all of the options can be used to satisfy your bill.